1. How can I reach you guys?
We are open Mon/Wed/Fri 10am – 9pm, Tues/Thurs/Sat 10am – 6pm. Any of those times you will find us in the store and ready to help you. Our phone number is 301-946-8808 where you will reach our lovely receptionists who will direct your call to the appropriate department to speak to one of our sales team. We will also be there to answer your emails at this time. If you’re busy at work and can’t talk gear, shoot us an email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Any other time of the day, please feel free to contact us via our website. You can use our Ask an Expert or Get a Quote forms, or you can check out our Legendary Sales Team Profiles and contact any salesman directly! We will respond to your requests as soon as we can!
2. What do I call you guys? WMC? Chuck’s? Chuck Levin’s? Washington Music Center??
The answer is: all of them! Our official name is Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center. Our store got it’s beginnings in Washington, DC, as Washington Music Center. We were founded by the late Chuck Levin. Chances are if you aren’t local to the DC Metro Area, you know us as Washington Music Center. If you are a local to DC, most people in town refer to us as Chuck Levin’s or just “Chuck’s” for short.
It is not uncommon for customers to call us twice in a row thinking they are calling two separate shops! Of course, you can call us whatever you want, and as many times as you want, it’s all good by us!
3. How do I place an order with Washington Music Center?
First and foremost, we’d like to invite you to shop at our legendary retail location in Wheaton, MD (just outside of DC). Touch, hear, listen, and most importantly play“Everything in Music!” We are open Monday through Saturday and would love to help you in person.
www.ChuckLevins.com is now revamped and improved! We’ve tried to put the best qualities of our store on the web to mirror the same experience. See a product and want to ask us a question? By clicking on the Ask an Expert button you can fill out a form that will be responded to by one of our expert staff. If you have a particular salesman that you’d like to get in touch with, you can click on the Legendary Advice tab and browse through all of our salesmen and contact them directly. If you have several products in mind but want to get a quote on the pricing of all of them, click on the Get a Quote button and we will tackle your request as a team. We will promptly respond to any inquiry and assist you in any way we can, just as if you were in the store. Orders can be placed by adding items to your shopping cart and following the checkout instructions as you are prompted.
School and Government Bids and Quotes – Please click on the School/Gov tab above for instructions.
We also welcome you to give us a call at the store at 301-946-8808 or email us at Sales@chucklevins.com to ask a question, get a price, or place an order with us. We will direct your inquiry to the appropriate department so that you receive the most accurate and expert advice available. We are able to accept all major credit cards and debit cards, checks, wire transfers, and PayPal as payment methods for phone or mail orders. Please see Payment Methods below for more details.
4. What types of Payment Method do you accept??
To make the shopping experience easier for you, we accept several different methods of payment:
- Credit Cards: We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. All online, email, or phone orders must be shipped to the billing address or work address of the cardholder, unless special arrangements have been made with your credit card company. All credit card orders must have:
- The full name of the cardholder, exactly as it appears on the credit card
- The full credit card number and expiration date
- The 3-digit Security Code from the back of the credit card (VISA/MasterCard/Discover) or the 4-digit code from the front of the card (American Express)
- The full billing address for your credit card
- Shipping address for the order (if different from the billing address. All separate address will be manually verified as a precaution against credit card fraud)
- Phone number associated with the shipping location for shipment support
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call and we’d be happy to discuss your situation with you.
- PayPal: We now accept PayPal as a method of payment. In order to have your order processed, please indicate “PayPal” on your order or when speaking to your salesman. PayPal is ONLY accepted for orders being shipped directly to the Verified Address on your PayPal account. No exceptions.
- Cash: Of course, we always accept cash for any in-store purchase.
- Prepayment by mail: If you wish, you may prepay for your order by mail with a cashier’s check or money order, made payable to Washington Music Center. Personal checks are ok too, but your order will be held until the check clears. All prepayments made by mail must be accompanied by your name, address, and home and work phone. Also include a brief description of the products you wish to order, the salesman you are working with, and send your payment to the attention of your salesman.
- Wire Transfers: Another way that you can prepay for your order is by transferring money directly to us. We have a special account set up for electronic wire transfers from your bank. Your salesman can provide you with all of the necessary information you will need for wire transfers.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 301-946-8808 during our normal business hours and we’d be happy to clear anything up for you.
5. What is your Return Policy?
First and foremost we want you to be happy and satisfied with every purchase you make. After all, it is why we are here. It’s a simple idea instilled in us by our company’s founders, Chuck and Marge Levin. We started as a true ‘Mom and Pop’ operation, and the store still is Family owned and run. Their philosophy, which is still adhered to today, was: “Sell the customer what they need or want at a fair price, and they will come back. If it’s not right, make it right”.
Full refunds will be provided for unopened and unused products, in their original packaging, in good condition returned to the store in person or via a return shipment 7 days after the purchase date. A copy of your original receipt is required with the product in ALL cases. Within 14 days, we will issue store credit under the same conditions. All other return inquiries will be assessed at least a 15% restock fee, subject to inspection of the unit to be returned and at the discretion of Management. Shipping charges will not be refunded for items shipped to you or for rush delivery to the store. Returns are NOT accepted on the following items due to health and/or licensing regulations: harmonicas, mouthpieces, microphones, software, books, CDs, DVDs, strings, reeds, headphones, in-ear monitors, bulbs, tubes, raw speakers, layaway deposits, special order items.
We are still a family owned operation and understand that certain situations have their circumstances. There is always a Levin on or near the store, and we would be happy to discuss the matter with you. Call us any time at 301-946-8808.
6. Why is it so dang hard to get a hold of you guys sometimes??
We know it can be a pain to have to wait for us on the phone or to anxiously wait for the *ping* of an email response, but we take our time to your advantage. At Chuck’s we do not have automated response systems or 24/7 call centers. The same guys you see in the store are the same guys you speak with on the phone… and run our website… and fulfill your orders… and answer your emails. We give each customer, be it Stevie Wonder or little Stevie down the street, the attention and consideration he or she deserves to ensure that everyone leaves Chuck’s with the right gear, the first time around.