Get A Smooth Yet Responsive Tone With TheÂ Fender American Original '70s Jazz Bass In Black
Over the course of the '70s, the Jazz Bass entered its "teenage years", changing its visual style and inspiring new playing techniques-such as slapping-which led directly to new, creative forms of expression. Its smooth feel and growly midrange, tempered with a bit of treble bite, made it a hero in recording sessions around the globe. The American Original '70s Jazz Bass updates the smooth playing feel with a modern-radius fingerboard, while retaining the classic Fender tone and style that made the Jazz Bass the tool of choice for creative bassists.
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: 1975 "U"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.475" (37.46 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '75 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '75 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Pure Vintage '70s with Single Groove Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage '70s with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White/Black/White
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA92414
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device