Yamaha YHR-668NII Full Double Horn - Nickel Silver
This orchestral French horn is designed for players who prefer the strong sound of a large bell instrument. Characterized by deep, warm tone colors, the Yamaha YHR-668NII Full Double Horn features secure note centers and impeccable intonation.
- Hand-lapped rotary valves and slides - Rotary valves and slides that have been hand-lapped are airtight and have smooth action.
- Articulated key levers - Articulated key levers have responsive motion.
- Hammered and annealed bell - Hammering and annealing are processes so important to the instrument's acoustic characteristics that Yamaha employs computer-controlled equipment to ensure consistently superior sound. Hammering enables bells to have a rich, resonant tone that blends beautifully with other instruments. Annealing is a cooling and heating process that makes it easier to control the acoustics of the instrument.
- Cyclical bore - A cyclical bore is a perfectly cylindrical tubing assembly in combination with a conical leadpipe and bell system. This allows for consistent air flow throughout the horn.
- Tapered valves - Tapered valves wear for a long time without air leakage.
- Deep, warm tone colors - Secure note centers
- Excellent sound in all registers - The combination of the secure high register, strong projection, and quick attack of the Bb horn with the rich, warm timbre of the F horn make the double horn ideal for most playing situations.
- Key: F/Bb
- Body: Nickel Silver
- Bell Size: LL
- Bell Type: Fixed
- Bore Size: 12mm (0.472 inch)
- Number of Valves: 4
- Valve Rotors: Solid
- Lever Action: String
- Finish: Clear Lacquer
- Mouthpiece: HR-30D4
- Case: Included
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details