OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Get A Hand-built Purist's Amp With The Bartel Amplifiers Sugarland 12W 1x12 Combo Guitar Amp
The 12W Sugarland is a purist design, all tube 1x12 combo powered by a pair of 6V6 tubes. Its' single channel Multi Voice preamp offers an incredibly wide range of voicings ranging from sparkly cleans to thick, woody tweed to driven plexi crunch and grind. The solid wood cabinet with unified baffle/body construction delivers a lively, deeply resonant, and unconstricted sound. A unique master volume circuit is extremely transparent, maintaining the same sound and vivid presence all the way down to bedroom volume.
The Sugarland is just a little bigger than a tweed deluxe but it sounds like a much bigger amp. As you might expect from the specs (cathode biased 6V6s, no negative feedback, paper bobbin layer wound output transformer, etc.) it can certainly deliver vintage tweed tones, but it can do so much more as well. You can dial in a mid-scooped tone like a Princeton Reverb, a chimey jangle like an AC15, or a crunchy, grinding tone like a little Plexi.
The acoustic response of this amp is something special too. It cuts through amazingly well on stage but never sounds shrill or piercing - it remains thick and full like a saxophone. In spite of its powerful stage presence, it sounds fantastic in a home environment too - full and rich, with intense clarity but never sounding overly bright, even at very low volume.
I should also mention the master volume circuit. It's incredibly transparent and really makes the Sugarland so much more versatile and usable. It preserves the harmonic balance and the dynamic response a lot better than a conventional master volume circuit, so the tone and feel remain consistent down to bedroom volume. At the same time, it preserves the presence and immediacy of the sound better than a power attenuator does, so in my opinion it's the ultimate tool for transparently reducing volume to any level.
On top of all this, the Sugarland is built with bulletproof construction and instrument-grade craftsmanship inside and out. I build each one myself here at my Baltimore shop, and I'm delighted to offer this model as part of my new product line.
- Mark Bartel
- 12W 1x12 Combo Amplifier
- All Tube, Handwired Circuitry
- Single Channel Multi-Voice Preamp
- Innovative Master Volume Control
- Line Out
- Circuitry handwired on custom fabricated turret boards
- Paper Bobbin Layer Wound Transformers
- Silver Plated Wire
- Handmade Leather Handle by Brookwood Leather
- Custom molded knobs and other appointments
- Tweed covering material finished with 5 hand-brushed coats of lacquer
- Unified body/baffle construction
- Cabinet body: solid Eastern White Pine
- Baffle board: crafted from 12 pieces of solid Eastern White Pine and African Mahogany
- Special recipe coating compound applied to preserve natural acoustic behavior.
- Upholstery applied with natural hide glue for superior acoustic response.
- Celestion Alnico Blue Speaker
- Tubes: 2x12AX7A, 2x12AU7, 2x6V6GT, 1x5Y3GT
- Interstage transformer coupled phase inverter
- Ideal circuit layout for lowest noise floor and purest tone
- Cathode biased output stage
- No negative feedback
- Channels: 1
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass
- Tube Type: 2 x 6V6GT
- Output Power: 12W RMS
- Output Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Biasing: Cathode Bias
- Type: Tube Rectified
- Tubes: 5Y3GT
- Function: Line level output for driving a recording device or PA
- Level: -10dBu
- Impedance: 10K Ohms
- Cabinet Body: Solid Pine, Finger Jointed
- Baffle Board: Stress-free, Solid pine, Mult-section, with Mahogany speaker flange
- Body Construction: Monocoque construction - unified body/baffle
- Tolex Glue: Traditional Hide Glue, 315gm
- Interior Coating: Proprietary recipe
- Speaker: 12" Celestion Blue (Alnico)
Manufacturer: Bartel Amplifiers LLC
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA89623
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device