Get Warmth and Playability With The Taylor GT811e Grand Theater Acoustic Guitar with Electronics
One of the first GT guitars to be released in the context of an existing series, the GT 811e blends the dazzling sparkle and warmth of Indian rosewood with the unmatched playability of the GT’s comfortably compact frame. With its shorter body and scale length, the GT’s proportions are smaller than the Grand Concert but larger than the GS Mini, finding a sweet spot where comfort meets rich, solid-wood tone.
The superstar tonewood pairing of Indian rosewood back and sides with a Sitka spruce top delivers all the clarity and balance you’d expect from a full-size rosewood guitar, while its smaller footprint and shorter scale (24-1/8”) provide a slinkier feel that makes complex chords or arpeggio formations easier to hold.
Under the hood, the GT 811e reflects Taylor’s envelope-pushing design approach—they’ve adapted the tone-enhancing benefits of V-Class bracing into a new pattern that provides similar increases in volume and sustain for the GT’s smaller frame. Called C-Class bracing, this interior architecture boosts the response in the bass range, yielding warmth and presence that a guitar of this size typically can’t produce.
This model is appointed to match its counterparts in the 800 Series, featuring maple binding with black purfling accents, a single-ring abalone rosette, a thin 4.5-mil gloss finish on the entire body, and mother-of-pearl fretboard and peghead inlays in our Element pattern.
The GT 811e ships with built-in ES2 electronics for organic plugged-in tone and comes with our exclusive AeroCase, whose ultra-lightweight construction and padded walls provides ample protection.
- Compact yet gifted with a bold voice, the GT’s scaled-down frame offers surprising tonal power and texture.
- The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
- The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
- The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
- Scale Length: 24-1/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: C-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel Mini
- Case: Aerocase
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Rock Maple
- Top Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Abalone
- Stain/Sunburst: None
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-23/32"
- Fretboard Inlay: Element
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: None
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Peghead Inlay: Element
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony with Green Abalone Dots
- Buttons: Smoked Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: Maple/Indian Rosewood
Manufacturer: Taylor Guitars
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details