Dynamic And Complex Synthesis, Made Simple - TheÂ Korg Volca FM Digital FM Synthesizer
The volca fm is a three-voice digital FM synthesizer that completely reproduces the sound engine of a classic FM synthesizer, and provides compatibility with it as well. The unique volca interface makes it easy to manipulate distinctive FM sounds even if you're not familiar with the complexities of FM synthesis. The 16-step sequencer that's one of volca's features provides new functions such as WARP ACTIVE STEP and PATTERN CHAIN that let you make even more powerful rhythm patterns.
3-VOICE POLYPHONIC FM SYNTHESIZER, FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH CLASSIC UNIT
The appearance of FM (Frequency Modulation) sound generation was a major turning point in the history of synthesizers. Its metallic and sharp sounds, most notably electric piano and synth bass, have been loved by all music creators since 1980 up to the present time. The volca fm perfectly reproduces the sound engine of the classic digital synthesizer that made the world aware of FM synthesis. Its six operators and 32 algorithms provide complete compatibility, and it can even load files in the SYS-EX/SYX format of the Yamaha DX7.
SUPER-EASY SOUND EDITING
The volca fm makes FM sound editing accessible with the MODULATOR/CARRIER super-easy edit knobs â€“ the knob movements are mapped to multiple parameters for sound changes that are easy to understand. FM enthusiasts can also menu dive into full parameter edits. The volca fm comes accompanied with a Parameter List Guide to assist this.
VOLCA STYLE SEQUENCING AND MORE - 16-STEP SEQUENCER ALLOWS TO AUTOMATE EACH PARAMETERS
Thereâ€™s a loop sequencer with up to 16 steps, allowing you to record your performance on the touch panel keyboard just as you play. Itâ€™s easy to create phrases that come to mind. Up to sixteen sequence patterns can be stored in internal memory.
WARP ACTIVE STEP, ARPEGGIATOR AND PATTERN CHAIN MAKE CRAZY LOOPING RHYTHMS AND PATTERNS
In addition to the active step function that lets you skip steps during a sequence, the volca fm provides new functions that enable you to generate more irregular rhythms. If the active step is fewer than 16 steps, you can use the warp active step function to compensate to occupy the same playback time as 16 steps; then by synchronizing the playback with another volca series unit, you can deliberately skew the step timing to generate truly unconventional performances.
MAKE CLONE BY SYNCHRONIZING TWO UNITS OF VOLCA FM
The volca fm provides a sync connector that can be easily connected to Korg's groove machines. Connect this to the other volca series unit, the electribe, or the SQ-1, and experience a session with synchronized sequencer playback. And when two units of volca fm are connected, you can clone the sound programs and sequence data from volca fm to volca fm. The MIDI IN jack lets you use the volca as a sound module for DAW and MIDI controller.
- Multi-touch Keyboard
- Type: FM synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 3 voices
- Structure: 6 operators, 32 algorithms
- Number of Programs: 32
- Main Edits: Modulator (Attack, Decay), Carrier (Attack, Decay), LFO (Rate, P.Depth), Algrtm
- Available to edit full parameters for each operator in Edit Mode
- Controls: Transpose, Velocity, Octave, Arp (Type, Div)
- Arpeggiator Types: 9 (each 3 patterns of "Rise", "Fall", and "Random")
- Voice Modes: Poly, Mono, Unison
- Number of Parts: 1
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 16
- Controls: Motion Sequence, Active Step, Warp Active Step, Pattern Chain, Metronome
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync: Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V); Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Output level: 5V); When two units of volca fm, available to export the sound programs and sequence data from a volca fm to the other one
- MIDI: In, Available to convert and load SYS-EX/SYX file created on the Yamaha DX7
- Power Supply: AA alkaline battery x 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 6 Or AC adapter (DC 9V) (optional)
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Included Items: AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation), Sync Cable, Edit Parameter List
- Accessories: AC adapter (DC 9V) KA-350
Manufacturer: Korg USA
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA81855
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device