Get A Unique Piece Of The David Smith Instruments Legacy With The Sequential Prophet 12 Limited Edition Hybrid Digital/Analog Synthesizer - Arctic White
Sequential is pleased to announce a special numbered, limited edition of our acclaimed Prophet 12 Analog/Digital Hybrid synthesizer - the Prophet LE. It features a custom, arctic white finish with maple end caps, making it a visually striking contrast to the standard Prophet 12.
The Prophet 12 LE will be strictly limited to 100 instruments worldwide and will commemorate the last of these synthesizers that Sequential will create. After that, the Prophet 12 will no longer be available.
Dave Smith had this to say about the Prophet 12 LE: â€œItâ€™s nice to give the Prophet 12 a proper send-off with this special edition. The P12 was a real milestone for us in terms of pushing the synth envelope. As a hybrid instrument, it gave us a chance to explore the interaction of digital oscillators and analog filters and see how far we could take that idea. Itâ€™s still a great instrument and has found its way onto a lot of stages and studios, and into a lot of music.â€
Sequential product designer Andrew McGowan recalled the genesis of the Prophet 12: â€œWeâ€™d just released the Tempest analog drum machine after several years of development, and we were turning our attention back to synths for the first time in a while. It gave us the opportunity to look at things with a fresh eye. Interestingly, when Dave and I sat down to draw up a spec, it was immediately apparent that weâ€™d each been sort of designing the same instrument in our minds during our â€˜time awayâ€™ - a hybrid synth with digital oscillators, dual analog filters, and new modulation possibilities. The Prophet 12 came together quickly after that and turned out really well for us.â€
The Prophet 12 LE has the same combination of features as the original Prophet 12 - a bi-timbral, 12-voice architecture, with each voice boasting four high-resolution, multi-waveform digital oscillators, a sub-oscillator, analog low-pass and high-pass filters, analog VCAs, four envelopes and four LFOs, and a set of unique Character Effects for sound shaping. Linear FM capability was later added to the Prophet 12 as a software enhancement, giving the instrument even greater depth and making it one of Sequentialâ€™s most versatile poly synths.
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Analog VCAs
- Shape modulation
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (both standard, and classic, DX-style linear FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- DX-style linear FM
- Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
- Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
- Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
- Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which can add subtle grit or completely destroy the signal. Its harsh yet musical!
- Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
- 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
FEEDBACK AND DELAY
- Tuned feedback
- Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
- Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- All envelopes can repeat/loop
- Four syncable LFOs with phase offset and slew per LFO
- 16 x 2 modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 100 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Sophisticated programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Arpeggios are editable and saveable
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- MIDI note output
- Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
- More than 50 knobs and 50 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Backlit pitch and mod wheels are easily visible in low light situations and have a smooth yet precise feel and response.
- Independently adjustable upper and lower pitch wheel range.
- Two assignable position- and pressure-sensitive latchable touch sliders for enhanced interactivity and control.
- Full-sized, 5-Octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
- Direct program access using numeric keypad and dedicated User, Factory, and Bank buttons
- Playlist mode for generating easily accessible setlists of your favorite programs. Create four play lists with up to forty programs each!
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 2 expression pedal inputs
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Layer B stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4" phone jack)
- 1 universal IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz, 30 watts maximum power consumption
- Arctic white finish with maple wood end panels and trim
- 38.4" L x 12.8" W x 4.15" H (97.5 cm x 32.5 cm x 10.5 cm)
- 26 lbs. (11.8 kg)
Manufacturer: Dave Smith Instruments
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA91658
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device