Get Sophisticated Craftsmanship For Sophisticated Players - The Yanagisawa SWO20 Elite Soprano Saxophone - Bronze
SW020 - Elite Model. This SWO20 bronze model is an instrument for the accomplished player. It delivers a superb tonal range with an unmistakably darker edge thanks to the fine bronze body, and it also benefits from the WO series re-engineered bore and toneholes, and re-sourced and redesigned core brass material. This model also has many upgraded features exclusive to the WO series such as newly designed Front F Keys, Ride Side Keys and Right Pinky Key.
- SINGLE ARM- Yanagisawa's single arms used on the bell keys are extremely strong and have proved reliable for many years. Higher-End models can benefit from double arm bell keys.
- WO SERIES BORE AND TONE HOLES- In Yanagisawa's desire to constantly innovate, all new WO series saxophones have a newly engineered bore and toneholes. This helps achieve a smoother blow and even more precise intonation.
- WO SERIES BRASS MATERIAL- The WO series saxophones benefit from a newly designed, newly engineered and specially sourced brass material for improved sound and sonority.
- C# - BB ROCKING KEY- The C# and Bb keys have a rocking table / see-saw mechanism that allows for optimal speed and fluidity between these pitches.
- WO1 / WO2 STYLE HAND ENGRAVED- Yanagisawa WO1 and WO2 series saxophones now feature a uniquely styled, hand engraved pattern.
- F-AUXILIARY KEY- This mechanism fitted to the F-Aux key ensures a proper seal of the pads when playing in the low ranges of the saxophone.
- WO SERIES REDESIGNED FRONT F KEY- The Front F key on WO series saxophones has been redesigned to further improve the ease of fingering.
- WHITE SHELL KEY DECORATION- A player's fingers will rest comfortably in the indented white shell keys. The white shell also enhances the beauty of the instrument while also preventing the player's fingers from slipping during technical passages.
- BODY MOUNTED KEY WORK- The standard design for most regular saxes, the keys are mounted directly to the saxophone body.
- LEFT PALM KEY- Modified angle of the left palm keys ensuring easier fingering.
- EBONITE MOUTHPIECES- Ebonite mouthpieces are favoured for their warm tone and ability to fit into an ensemble seamlessly. However, as players discover their own voice, switching to another style of mouthpiece can open up a whole world of new tonal possibilities. Metal mouthpieces are often favoured by Jazz players or soloists who need to stand out from the crowd.
- WO SERIES NECK PLATE- For Overslung necks, this new plate exclusive to the WO1 and WO2 models gives a tighter, more controlled tone.
- FLUORORESIN NON-STICK MECHANISM- As standard octave key mechanisms can get sticky over time, Yanagisawa's flouroresin, non-stick coating ensures a reliable action with no stickiness.
- METAL REFLECTORS- Metal reflectors are an improvement upon the standard plastic reflectors, and they add clarity to the tone and improve playing response across the whole dynamic range.
- AIR TIGHT WATERPROOF PAD- Yanagisawa's superb waterproof pad is totally air tight which allows complete confidence in the instrument's tonal integrity, plus the waterproof material offers a greatly extended pad life.
- WO SERIES PALM KEY PLATE- Previously only available on the 99* series saxophones, the WO Series' addition of the palm key plate delivers high range resonance, acoustic depth, added projection and added tonal stability.
- POINTED PIVOT SCREWS- Special pointed pivot screws are used in all centre arms on Yanagisawa saxophones. These screws precisely maintain the stability of the centre arms, and help achieve a very high precision
- Single Arm
- WO Series Bore And Tone Holes
- WO Series Brass Material
- C# - Bb Rocking Key
- WO1 / WO2 Style Hand Engraving
- F-Auxiliary Key
- WO Series Redesigned Front F Key
- White Shell Key Decoration
- Body Mounted Key Work
- Ebonite Mouthpieces
- WO Series Neck Plate
- Fluororesin Non-Stick Mechanism
- Metal Pad Reflector
- Air Tight Waterproof Pad
- WO Series Palm Key Plate
- Pointed Pivot Screws
- WO Series Right Pinky Key
- WO Series Right Side Key
- Blue Steel Springs
- Key: Bb
- Range: Low Bb to High F#
- Body: Bronze
- Bow: Bronze
- Bell: Bronze
- Keys: Brass
- Finish: Lacquered
- Neck: Bronze
- Neck Type: Straight & Curved
- Case: Fabric Covered, Woodshell case with outer pocket and Backstraps
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA88931