Accounting Administrative Assistant
Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center is a mom-and-pop music store that operates on the same level as the big chains. We have a distinguished history of serving famous musicians while keeping close ties to the local DMV music community. Inside this informal but fast-paced environment, we proudly retain our gritty, customer-centric culture.
We are currently looking to hire a full-time Accounting Administrative Assistant to support our accounting team in Wheaton, Maryland. If you have a basic accounting/office experience, the willingness to learn in fast paced environment and effectively manage multiple takes, this position is a fit for you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In the accounting administration role, you will play an essential role in our accounting department by supporting our accounts payable (AP) and receivable (AR) department. With exceptional attention to detail, the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, you will be instrumental is providing administrative accounting support to our AR and AP department. An accounting administrative assistant can expect to perform multiple duties throughout the day in an effort to provide support to our AP and AR department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Filing orders, paid/unpaid invoices, credits, and statements
- Pulling special request
- Scanning, copying, and attaching documents to existing orders
- Vendor statement reconciliations
- Assisting the AP department check runs, mail etc.
- Calling vendors for missing invoices, credits.
- Mail invoices, statements, and forms to customers, when necessary
- Data entry
- Creating labels for file folders
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by manager
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- 2+ years of basic accounting/office experience
- General knowledge of accounts payable/receivable procedures and practices
- Record maintenance and filing skills
- Highly organized
- Basic data entry and word processing skills
- The ability and drive to work independently and with minimal supervision
- self-driven and very organized
- A strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to effectively manage multiple tasks throughout the day
- Experience independently preparing routine administrative paperwork
- Experience working within an accounting system
Chuck Levin’s offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Chuck Levin’s is an equal employment opportunity (EOE) and affirmative employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
2023-04-01|||Wheaton, MD 20902|||Accounting||||||DmVwGxzlgA0YDncW|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false