Accounts Receivable Coordinator
At Chuck Levin’s, we rely on a meticulous financial system to drive business forward. Our Accounts Receivable department keeps that system running smoothly by managing cash influx and collecting payment from clients.
We’re searching for a skilled accounting specialist to join our Accounts Receivable team to help process, track, and record payments in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. The Accounts Receivable Coordinator will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on financial transactions - keeping us on track, on time, and on good terms with our valued customers.
Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center celebrates its 65th year in operation and is proud to be the largest family-owned music retailer in the nation. Our customers range from daily shoppers to renowned performance, academic, and federal institutions. The workplace is incredibly fast-paced but very casual, with a long-standing and tightly knit accounting department. You don't have to love music to work here, but it certainly doesn't hurt!
This is a full-time position Monday-Friday with benefits to include health, dental, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick leave.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Work with AR Manager to maintain cash processing and Accounts Receivable system operations
- Post customer payments by recording, ACH payments, checks, and credit card transactions
- Data entry and scanning of school/government orders and verifying that prices are accurate
- Responsible for the proper invoicing within the standard policies
- Work with AR Manager to ensure there are no issues with customer accounts and invoicing procedures
- Answering customer inquiries and resolving customer issues
- Gather and verify invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment
- Assist with collections of past due accounts by contacting clients via phone, email, and mail
- Prepare and process refunds and credit memos as instructed by AR Manager
- Mail out monthly statement statements
- Organize and maintain retention files
- Perform other related duties as assigned by CFO and management
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Ability to precisely complete repetitive tasks
- Ability to complete work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Problem-solving within a clearly defined job scope
- Detail-oriented approach
- Disciplined with the ability to produce high quality, detailed work
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Supportive communication with management, peers, and clients
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Willingness to learn new things within scope of the role
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Dynamics 365 Business Central) a plus
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of associate degree (Accounting preferred but Business, Finance, Econ, etc. acceptable)
- 2+ years in Accounts Receivable or Accounting/Office Administration
- Retail Accounting experience preferred