Data Cataloger Specialist APPLY NOW
We are hiring! We are aggressively looking to hire an analytical and data driven thinker who has a passion for the music industry and interest in being a key component to our business.
Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center is a mom-and-pop, family owned and operated music store. We operate on the same level as the big chains but with a much more intimate feel. We are a landmark in the DC area and have a distinguished history of serving famous musicians but proudly retain our gritty, customer-centric culture and an informal but fast-paced, professional environment. We are music industry enthusiasts, passionate experts and people who simply live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help our customers find the right gear that will bring them the most joy.
About The Position
This is a high visibility role where you will work closely with our ecommerce, procurement, accounting, and sales team. In addition to the essential information you provide to our team, you will have the opportunity to work with our manufacturers to obtain accurate and timely product data that you will be responsible for collecting and maintaining. This is a full-time position, and you will have access to competitive compensation and benefits such as healthcare, dental, life insurance, participation in our 401(k) plan, and paid leave.
The ideal candidate will...
- Value the opportunity for flexible, remote work
- Enjoy working in a family owned and operated business
- Possess strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and an affinity for organization
- Feel comfortable working within a defined process that is followed closely
- Feel motivated by providing others within the organizations with essential information in an organized and timely manner
- Have a strong customer-centric mindset
- Possess and be able to demonstrate excellent Microsoft Excel skills and have experience workings with MS 365, Dynamics, and SQL
About Your Day-To-Day
In this role, you will be responsible for...
- Assisting with the improvement of data quality processes and special projects
- Collecting and maintaining catalogs and price files from product manufacturers in Excel, PDF, and other formats
- Collecting, organizing, and maintaining dealer agreements
- Collecting, organizing, and maintaining vendor and manufacturer information
- Entering catalog data into an Excel import template or manually key data points into ERP system (e.g. Brand, Vendor, MPN, GTIN, Description, Product Type, Product Dimensions, Product Weight, Cost, Price, MSRP, and other information)
- Reporting and solving for data integrity issues to management prior to loading/entering data
- Working with procurement team and ecommerce team to prioritize entry tasks
- Working with manufacturers to obtain accurate and timely product data
- Assisting with correcting legacy product configuration issues
- Archiving source files (catalogs, pricelists, and dealer agreements) according to company data retention policies
- Analyzing dealer agreements for product data handling exceptions
- Submitting import templates to team members
We place great value on the people that work in our organization and go to sizable lengths to ensure candidates under consideration are a good fit for the position and that we are a good fit for you! As such, please complete a brief assessment as a part of your application by clicking the link below:
Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.2021-10-31|||Wheaton, MD 20902|||Web Team||||||7pZeqie0bTGRxvtx|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false