Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center has built a community of knowledgeable and passionate team members to ensure that music-making remains accessible to all. As one of the country's largest dealers of drums and percussion equipment, we are looking to bolster our Drum Department with a new salesperson! To build lifelong relationships with musicians, we place expertise first and sales second – a qualified candidate for this role should be focused primarily on providing the best advice and customer experience possible.
Chuck’s has an information atmosphere but operates at a very quick pace. Our sales staff must be able to offer customers well-informed, personal assistance while helping the Drum Department accomplish necessary administrative, operations, and shipping duties.
The Drum Sales position is full-time with competitive benefits to include healthcare, dental, life insurance, 401(k), and paid leave.
A strong familiarity with the most common industry manufacturers, brands, models, and technology involved in the modern percussion world, to include:
- Traditional drum kits (ex. Tama, Gretsch, Pearl, DW)
- V Drums and drum pads (Roland, Yamaha)
- Hand percussion (Meinl, Latin percussion)
- Cymbals (Zildjian, Sabian, Meinl)
- Sticks, mallets, and beaters (Vic Firth, Vater, ProMark)
- Hybrid analog-digital technology (sensors, triggers, etc.)
- Percussion hardware
- A passion for music, music equipment, and music accessories
- Weekday and Saturday availability
- Five or more years of drumming experience
- Computer literacy with a function understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Navision, etc.)
- An understanding of popular social media platforms used in the music retail industry
- Two years of sales experience preferred
The ideal candidate will be:
- A friendly people-person
- Excited to work with a wide variety of customers and coworkers
- Comfortable with in-person, email, and over the phone communication
- Efficient at making deals alone or working as a part of a larger team
We place great value on the people that work in our organization and go to sizable lengths to ensure candidates under consideration are a good fit for the position and that we are a good fit for you! As such, please complete this brief assessment before your interview.
Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
|||Wheaton, MD 20902|||Drums||||||mZOteB7mCFzz.tK6|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||