Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center has an immediate opening for a Product Photographer. As the Product Photographer, one will primarily be responsible for producing high quality images of musical equipment for our website and other sales channels.
In this role, you will be required to accurately and creatively capture product details, look, and function in a way that enables our customers to see and “feel” what they’re buying before they buy it. Given the nature and importance of this role, you will have the unique professional opportunity to gain exposure to our leadership and management team.
A willingness to learn and adapt is more important than skill. Accordingly, this role is open to both experienced and entry-level photographers as long as you have a passion for both photography and music and the right attitude. Our ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills that benefit everyone in a diverse team setting.
This is a full-time position, schedule Monday-Friday 9 am – 5 pm. Benefits include health care, dental, life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k).
- All applicants are required to submit photo samples for review. This can be anything from a professional portfolio to a personal social media account, and everything in between.
- Highly organized and proficient in file organization (SharePoint, Dropbox, etc.)
- The ability to capture and edit photographs using the equipment and software provided by the company or you may provide your own.
- The ability to work with management and sales staff to coordinate photo projects and schedules.
- The ability to work with the sales staff and our Stock team to move and prepare instruments for photography.
- An understanding of the importance of unique and timely promotional material within the current music retail industry.
- Self-motivated and independent worker who can adhere to deadlines without extensive supervision.
- Knowledge of musical instruments and their construction.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. safely while moving equipment.
- A digital portfolio is highly appreciated. This can include a link to your photography website or to a shared folder with photo examples.
- Digital photography experience in a professional or academic setting with a DSLR/mirrorless camera.
- Knowledge of dynamic photo lighting.
Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.2023-05-08|||Wheaton, MD 20902|||Web Team||||||2Fu1rABhs0nwSB2G|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false