Warehouse Manager APPLY NOW
Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center is a mom-and-pop music store that operates on the same level as the big chains. We have a distinguished history of serving famous musicians but proudly retain our gritty, customer-centric culture and an informal but fast-paced environment. The Warehouse Manager job opening is a perfect opportunity for a gear head with qualifiable experience in inventory and team leading.
As a member of the Stock Team, the Warehouse Manager will be responsible for managing and leading multiple areas of the inbound and/or outbound warehouse operations to achieve company goals, including exceptional retailer service and outstanding operational efficiencies. The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for providing all levels of staff with leadership, vision, insight, and motivation within their areas of responsibility. In addition to managing a team, the Warehouse Manager will be responsible for ensuring productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly, safely, and promptly.
This is a full-time position where the Warehouse Manager will have access to competitive benefits like healthcare, dental, life insurance, 401(k), and paid leave.
The ideal candidate will be…
- Comfortable taking initiative and managing a team
- Driven to get things done correctly and accurately
- Enthusiastic and able to get the best out of others
- Able to work under pressure and manage a variety of tasks
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Innovative with a strong knack for problem solving
- Physically fit
In this role you will be responsible for…
- Developing effective working relationships with our buyers and managers to ensure a “clean” flow of goods
- Ensuring our sales departments receive the support they need when calling for inventory for sales or floor stock replenishment
- Consistently maintaining accurate inventory
- Optimizing our warehouse space and consistently looking for opportunities to consolidate while keeping things organized and easy to navigate
- Ensuring our managers/buyers have accurate counts when it comes time to make a purchase
- Assisting in staging large orders for shipment
- Assisting our Receiving Manager as needed
- Stock/warehouse experience
- History of leadership where you managed a team of at least five or more people
- Ability to routinely lift heavy products and work in a physically active role
- Familiarity with POS systems, Microsoft Navision, or any other comparable inventory tracking programs
- Monday-Friday availability
- Occasional Saturday availability preferred
- Retail experience is preferred
- Interest in music equipment is a plus
We place great value on the people that work in our organization and go to sizable lengths to ensure candidates under consideration are a good fit for the position and that we are a good fit for you! As such, please complete a brief assessment as a part of your application by clicking the link below:
Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
2021-07-25|||Wheaton, MD 20902|||Stock||||||e0cA9RvFVIHv7uIR|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false