Capture Vintage Sonority With Modern Convenience With The Antelope Audio Edge Solo Cardioid Modeling Microphone
* Microphone is brand new and unopened but external packaging may show cosmetic damage. *
ONE MIC THAT SOUNDS LIKE MANY
Edge Solo is a high-quality large-diaphragm condenser microphone by Antelope Audio. Combined with Antelope's cutting-edge modeling technology, it allows users to emulate 18 of the world's most iconic vintage microphones with uncanny accuracy.
Edge Solo was specifically designed to recreate the true sound of a multitude of vintage cardioid-pattern microphones. It's great for modeling because it's engineered to be great at simply capturing accurate sound.
Designed and built in Europe, Edge Solo features a 6-micron gold-sputtered membrane, low-resonance body, and low-reflection headbasket. With custom electronics designed by Antelope's experienced engineers, Solo delivers an impressive dynamic range and frequency response.
PLUG N PLAY
Unlike the more complex modeling microphones in the Edge series, Solo features a fixed cardioid pickup pattern and feeds a single mono XLR input channel on your interface. This makes it exceptionally easy to use. Simply take it out of its case, plug it in, pick one of the 18 available emulations, and start tracking.
The Edge emulations are designed to work hand-in-hand with Antelope's own precision mic preamps and converters. For maximum accuracy, Edge Solo can be used with any of Antelope Audio's mic preamp-equipped interfaces, whose built-in FPGA processing capabilities allow real-time vintage mic emulation.
However, Edge Solo also includes Antelope's native mic emulation plug-ins, meaning you can use any third-party audio interface and even change modeling settings after recording. Available in VST, AU, and AAX formats for both macOS and Windows, Antelope's native AFX plug-ins* provide everything we've come to expect from their industry-leading FPGA FX, with minimal latency, a high degree of oversampling, and precise floating-point calculations.
*iLok 2 or 3 required. Not included in the pack.
- Stunningly accurate and lifelike mic modeling
- Straightforward and easy to use
- Impressive dynamic range and frequency response
- Monosonic large-diaphragm single capsule microphone
- Fixed cardioid characteristics
- Ultra-low resonance headbasket and body construction
- Ever-expanding library of the world's most renowned microphones (cardioid pattern only)
- Berlin 47 FT
- Berlin 49T
- Berlin 57
- Berlin 87
- Berlin 67
- Berlin M103
- Vienna 12
- Vienna 414
- Tokyo 800T
- Berlin V563 cardioid capsule
- Illinois 57
- Illinois 7B
- Minnesota 20
- Vienna 112
- Berlin K86
- Berlin 47 TU
- Berlin M251
- Hamburg 441
- Microphone type: Condenser microphone
- Diaphragm: Large condenser, single-sided 6u gold-sputtered membrane
- Diaphragm diameter: 34mm
- Polar pattern: Cardioid (fixed)
- Freq. response: 20HZ ~ 20KHZ
- Sensitivity: -35dB | 18mV/Pa (-1 to +3dB)
- THD+N: -116dB
- Self-noise: 19dB(A)
- SNR: 75dB(A)
- Output impedance: 50 Ohms @ 1kHz
- Power requirements: 48V DC Phantom Power
- Output connector: 3-pin male XLR
- Color: Black matte
- Breakout cable: Not included (standard 3-pin XLR cable)
- Mount: Hard Mount Mic Stand Adapter
- Case: Small standard road case
Manufacturer: Antelope Audio
Model: EDGE SOLO
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA91126