Step Up Your Sound With The Most Powerful Analog Synth Ever Made - The Arturia MatrixBrute Analog Synthesizer
The Arturia MatrixBrute is an analog synthesizer that redefines a class of performance and studio synths that has not been matched since the glory days of the ’70s and ’80s. Designed to be flexible and fun to use, evocative and awe-inspiring, and most importantly, a world-class musical instrument; the MatrixBrute gives you the depth you need to design and keep inspired for years to come.
The goal was to create a synthesizer with the flexibility of a modular but at the same time have it be intuitive and programmable for the live and studio musician. 1:1 knob and button interface for ease of use; pure analog sound with the fattest oscillator in the industry; two filters based on the original designs of Dr. Bob and Nyle Steiner, but taken to new levels; real analog delay effects on the output and the eye-catching matrix modulation. All these features and more add up to create a landmark electronic music platform.
The Matrixbrute is obviously an amazing looking synth but as they say, looks are not everything. The heart of the MatrixBrute is sound; analog sound; huge, pure, awesome, delicate, wild, melodious, nasty, ostentatious, dramatic, amusing, ferocious, and even sophisticated sound.
The foundation for any great synthesizer requires great oscillators. The Arturia Matrixbrute has them in spades! The MatrixBrute has two ‘Brute style’ oscillators, each with its own sub-oscillator and the waveshapers that made the Minibrute the new standard in analog synths. With the analog UltraSaw, you can make this single oscillator sound like three detuned sawtooth oscillators. The Metalizer on the triangle wave can take your sound from mellow to extreme. The sub-oscillator with its waveform control adds low-end beefy goodness.
Arturia also gives you a third oscillator that has sine, triangle, saw, and square waveforms. This unique oscillator can be used as an audio source and as a modulation source at the same time. Arturia added the most advanced Noise generator on a production synth ever. With white, pink, red, and blue noise colors, you can create all kinds of new sounds. The noise generator can also be a modulator to add some dirt to the oscillators or filters.
Complex Audio Mod
The AUDIO MOD section allows you to create complex audio modulations. You can route oscillators to other oscillators to create dense cross-modulation sounds as well as routing oscillators and the noise generator to filters to add some more grit and grime into your sound.
The soul of a synthesizer is the filters. Arturia decided to give the MatrixBrute two souls.
The Steiner-Parker multimode filter that Arturia is known for in Arturia's MiniBrute and MicroBrute, has been brought back but this time Arturia added their own flair to it. Arturia added a DRIVE control to thicken up the filter sound. On top of this Arturia changed it so that the slope can be 12db per octave, like the original, or 24db per octave for fatter sounds.
The most famous filter used in synths is probably Dr. Robert Moog’s transistor ladder filter. Arturia brought you Arturia's version of this classic sounding filter with a new DRIVE control, 12 and 24db per octave slopes and LOW PASS, HIGH PASS, and BANDPASS modes.
These two great filters can be set up to be in series or parallel modes multiplying the possibilities. A single offset knob allows you one control access to both filters for unheard of before sweeps.
Enter The Matrix
Undeniably the matrix is probably the first thing that caught your eye. It is big and brash and bold.
- Analog Matrix Synthesizer
- 256 Preset memory locations
- 2 Analog Exponential VCO’s: Saw + UltraSaw, Square +Pulse width, Triangle + Metalizer, and Sub
- 1 Analog Linear VCO/LFO: Saw, Square, Triangle, Sine waveforms; LFO time divisions; Key track
- VCO 2: 1 Hard Sync
- Audio Mod: VCO1: 2 ; VCO1 < VCO3 < VCO2 ; VCF 1 < VCO3 > VCF 2 ; VCF1 < Noise > VCF2
- Noise Generator: White; Pink; Red; Blue noise types
- 5 input Audio Mixer with Filter routing
- Steiner Parker filter with 12+24 dB per octave modes; Drive; Brute factor; Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch
- Ladder filter with 12+24 dB per octave modes; Drive; Brute factor; Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass
- 2 LFO’s: Sine, Tri, Square, Ramp, Saw, Random, S&H
- 3 Envelope Generators: 2 Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release; 1 Delay, Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- External Audio In
- 16x16 Matrix modulation panel
- 64 step sequencer: STEP enable, Slide, Accent, Modulation
- Save and recall sequence patterns on the fly
- Analog Effects: Stereo delay, Delay, Flanger, Chorus, Analog Reverberator, Arpeggiator
- 12 CV / Gate Inputs/Outputs
- Audio Input, Line or Instrument level
- Stereo audio output
- MIDI and USB I/O
- Pedal inputs for Expression and Sustain
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details