Audio-Technica U853A Cardioid Condenser Hanging Microphone
Maintaining the Audio-Technica tradition of clear and transparent sound quality, the U853A cardioid condenser hanging microphone is ideal for speech, theater, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording. The microphone’s fast transient response and low distortion characteristics allow every complex detail to be heard with all its impact—rich, vibrant qualities faithfully reproduced. Equipped with UniGuard® innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference, the U853A accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine® line cardioid polar patterns. The battery- or phantom-powered microphone also offers an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise.
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- Battery: 270 ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL Phantom: 133 dB, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Battery: 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- DYNAMIC RANGE (typical) Phantom: 109 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Battery: 99 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- BATTERY TYPE 1.5V AA/UM3
- BATTERY CURRENT / LIFE 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- SWITCH Off, on-flat, on-roll-off
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details