Get An Amp Handcrafted By A Purist With The Bartel Amplifiers Roseland 45W 1x12 Combo Guitar Amp
The 45W Roseland is a purist design, all tube 1x12 combo with reverb and tremolo powered by a pair of 6L6 tubes. Its single channel Multi Voice preamp offers an incredibly wide range of voicings ranging from sparkly cleans to thick, woody tweed to driven plexi crunch and grind. It includes tube driven spring reverb with both mix and dwell controls to fine tune the reverb sound to be as splashy or subtle as you choose. Its bias modulation tremolo has a particularly smooth and round effect. The solid wood cabinet with unified baffle/body construction delivers a lively, deeply resonant, and unconstricted sound. A unique master volume circuit is extremely transparent, maintaining the same sound and vivid presence all the way down to bedroom volume.
As you might expect from the specs (fixed biased 6L6s, no negative feedback, paper bobbin layer wound output transformer, etc.), the Roseland can certainly deliver vintage tweed tones, but it can do so much more as well. You can dial in a mid-scooped tone like a Super Reverb, a chimey jangle like an AC30, or a crunchy, grinding tone like a Plexi.
The acoustic response of this amp is something special too. It cuts through amazingly well on stage but never sounds shrill or piercing - it remains thick and full like a saxophone. In spite of its powerful stage presence, it sounds fantastic in a home environment too - full and rich, with intense clarity but never sounding overly bright, even at very low volume.
I should also mention the master volume circuit. It's incredibly transparent and really makes the Roseland so much more versatile and usable. It preserves the harmonic balance and the dynamic response a lot better than a conventional master volume circuit, so the tone and feel remain consistent down to bedroom volume. At the same time, it preserves the presence and immediacy of the sound better than a power attenuator does, so in my opinion it's the ultimate tool for transparently reducing volume to any level.
On top of all this, the Roseland is built with bulletproof construction and instrument-grade craftsmanship inside and out. I build each one myself here at my Baltimore shop, and I'm delighted to offer this model as part of my new product line.
- Mark Bartel
- All Tube, Handwired Circuitry
- Tubes: 3x12AX7A, 2x12AU7, 1x12AT7, 2x6L6GC, 1x5AR4
- Circuitry handwired on custom fabricated turret boards
- Silver Plated Wire
- Ideal circuit layout for lowest noise floor and purest tone
- Interstage transformer coupled phase inverter
- Tube driven reverb circuit
- Bias Modulation Tremolo Circuit
- Fixed bias output stage
- External bias test points and adjustment
- No negative feedback
- Single Channel Multi-Voice Preamp
- Spring Reverb with Mix & Dwell Controls
- Bias Modulation Tremolo
- Innovative Master Volume Control
- Footswitch: Reverb On/Off, Tremolo On/Off
- Paper Bobbin Layer Wound Transformers
- Unified body/baffle construction
- Handmade Leather Handle by Brookwood Leather
- Custom molded knobs and other appointments
- Tweed covering material finished with 5 hand-brushed coats of lacquer
- Special recipe coating compound applied to preserve natural acoustic behavior.
- Upholstery applied with natural hide glue for superior acoustic response.
- Celestion Alnico Cream Speaker
- Channels: 1
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass
- Tube Type: 2 x 6L6GC
- Output Power: 45W RMS
- Output Impedance: Selectable: 4, 8, 16 Ohms
- Biasing: Fixed Bias. External test points and bias adjustment provided.
- Type: Tube Driven 2-Knob Spring Reverb
- Pan Type: Full Size 2-Spring
- Tubes: Driver - 12AT7, Receiver - 12AX7A
- Controls: Dwell, Mix
- Cabinet Body: Solid Pine, Finger Jointed
- Baffle Board: Stress-Free, Solid Pine, Mult-Section, with Mahogany Speaker Flange
- Body Construction: Monocoque construction - unified body/baffle
- Tolex Glue: Traditional Hide Glue, 315gm
- Interior Coating: Proprietary recipe
- Speaker: 12--" Celestion Alnico Cream
- Type: Tube Rectified
- Tubes: 5AR4
- Type: 2-button Footswitch w/ LED Indicators
- Functions: Reverb, Tremolo on/off
- Cable: Removable, TRS connections
Manufacturer: Bartel Amplifiers LLC
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details