Get Jared James Nichols Sound In One Complete Package - The Blackstar Blackstar Jared James Nichols Signature 20W Valve Amp Head
Blackstar are proud to announce the limited edition Jared James Nichols JJN-20RH MkII signature valve amp head with matching JJN-212VOC MkII cabinet.
EL84s are at the tonal heart of Jaredâ€™s JJN-20RH MkII head. With a wider radius box, stunning racing green tolex and distinctive tilt-back design the JJN-20RH MkII is as eye catching as it looks.
Jared has been using Blackstar for nine years to deliver his unique BLUESPOWER tone. His high- energy performances and â€˜pick-lessâ€™ guitar playing technique have seen his reputation continue to grow year on year, as more people are introduced to his unique blend of blues grit and gusto, through to bombastic arena-size rock â€˜nâ€™ roll.
Jared spent time at Blackstar HQ in Northampton, England working on the voicing and cosmetic designs to ensure this amp would deliver his sound night after night as he tours the world. The results are both sonically and visually stunning.
â€œBlackstar amps define my tone. It really is the sound in my head. Itâ€™s simple; Blackstar inspires me to play at my best. Iâ€™m absolutely honoured to now be a signature artist. I have toured around the world, always with a Blackstar amp behind me. I am so thrilled to be able to share my BLUESPOWER tones with the world though my own Signature Amp.â€ - Jared James Nichols
- The JJN-20RH MkII has two footswitchable Clean Voices, one with an â€œAmericanâ€ character and the other with a Class A â€œBritishâ€ sound.
- Voice 1: Voice 1 clean gives a bright and tight tone with a solid bass response, the tone shaping is positioned early in the gain structure for a refined American tone and response.
- Voice 2: Voice 2 gives a highly responsive "chime" with a looser, resonant bottom-end for a British tone that can be pushed into a mid-range overdrive when driven hard.
- The two footswitchable Overdrive Voices are characterised by a tone which is high in gain, but avoids any of the detached top-end â€œfizzâ€ often found in other designs.
- Voice 1: This is the Classic "British" Blackstar overdrive. Rich and natural it goes all the way to Super Crunch gain but cleans up beautifully
- Voice 2: Inspired by the critically acclaimed HT Venue MkII high gain sounds, this overdrive has additional aggression in the high-end with a tight resonant low-end.
PATENTED ISF (INFINITE SHAPE FEATURE) TONE SHAPING
- The conventional three way guitar EQ network, or tone stack (a.k.a. Bass, Middle and Treble), is a key to the characteristic "voice" of traditional guitar amplifiers. Classic amplifier designs have their own versions of this network which leads to their own tonal voicings. The ISF control allows you to infinitely adjust the response of the tone control network between any of the traditional voicings in a way that has never before been possible. In this way you can design your own sound and truly find 'the sound in your head'.
PROFESSIONAL RECORDING CONNECTIVITY
- USB output have been added for the simplest way to get valve tone into your recordings. Also added is a pro balanced XLR D.I. output, which allows the speaker emulated signals to be connected to external devices for practicing, recording or live use.
- Inspired by our patented Dynamic Power Reduction circuit, simply switch down to 2 Watts at the push of a button without any loss of tone. Perfect for driving the EL84 power stage hard at lower volumes.
- Our new studio quality reverb has been designed to perfectly complement guitar tones.
UNIQUE TILT-BACK DESIGN HEAD
- The compact cabinet has a 3 degree angle on the front face, top-loader panel and stage-friendly chickenhead knobs giving the JJN-20R MkII a stunning boutique style. The head tilts back slightly to make it easy to dial in your tone.
- 20 Watt head
- ECC83 preamp valve
- 2x EL84 power amp valves
- Unique Jared James Nichols panel design
- Clean and BLUESPOWER channels
- Footswitchable Voices for Clean and BLUESPOWER
- Power reduction to 2 Watts
- USB audio out
- XLR D.I. Out
- Studio quality reverb
- 2-button footswitch included
- Distinctive tilt-back design head
Manufacturer: Blackstar Amplification
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details