Get 3 Distinctly Voiced Channels To Be Radically Morphed Into Sounds Of The Past, Present And Future - The Bogner 20th Anniversary Ecstasy EL34 100w Tube Amplifier Head
20th ANNIVERSARY ECSTASY
In 2009 Bogner celebrated their 20th year and wanted to create something special for our amplifier line; enter the 20th Anniversary Ecstasy. Bogner considers this model to be the new "Flagship" in the Ecstasy line with the most organic and open sound yet.
Available as an option to the base model the 20th Anniversary Ecstasy has a real plexi panel with gold background and a different pre-amp circuit as well as a foot control able boost feature in the plexi mode. Up until late 2015 the amp was housed in a slightly larger head shell for an iconic and classic vintage vibe.
The 20th Anniversary is Bogner's finest evolution of the Ecstasy line that started with the 100B, 101B and Classic. However, the 20th Anniversary model features it's own unique circuit and many refinements never before seen.
In the past few years many new boutique capacitors have come on the market such as the Sozo and Jupiter brand which focus on replicating the vintage capacitors from the 60's. These new capacitors are very expensive and mostly hand made in their construction so Bogner was intrigued to hear how they sound. They purchased all the available brands and meticulously went though the entire signal chain of the Ecstasy circuit incorporating these vintage style capacitors into the design. However, once this process started, Bogner quickly realized that replacing the capacitors was only the beginning, additional adjustments and refinements were implemented to maximize the vintage tonal character of these new capacitors which all together give the 20th Anniversary it's iconic Golden-Era of Ecstasy tone.
Now does this mean the other Ecstasy's have lower grade capacitors? No not at all, they use mainly the German made Wima capacitors and these are the best tonal choice for different circuit designs. Especially for pc mount construction in highly complex circuits where space is of concern. Look into your old Vox and you will see classic Wima branded capacitors. It's not just about replacing components, but rather, how you integrate the components into the overall circuit, making fine-tune adjustments to balance the final design. Every component must be considered and optimized depending on the circuit to work effortlessly together in reaching our goal of creating an inspiring amplifier for you.
- 3 channel all tube design
- Ch1: gain, bass, middle, treble and volume control
- Ch1: 3 position pre eq and gain boost
- Ch2: gain, volume and 3 position pre eq
- Ch3: gain, volume and 3 position pre eq
- Ch2 & 3: common bass, middle and treble controls
- Ch2 & 3: common gain-structure, gain boost and plexi mode switch
- Tube buffered effects loop, series or parallel (mix control) mode, master volume
- Dual assignable presence controls with excursion switches for loose and tight feel
- Half power & old/new style switch (cuts power from full to about 25 watts)
- Functions on foot controller: ch1, ch2, ch3, boost 1, boost 2, fx loop, stand-by mute
Additional refinements have been made including:
- The pre EQ's 2 and 3 have been shifted and a vintage modern style switch lets you decide the overall flavor of Channel 2 and 3, bypassed when in the plexi mode.
- The plexi channel has slightly more gain and a foot controllable boost was added which expands the amp to have 6 sounds on tap via your foot. Boost is engaged with the same switch as for Channel 2 and 3.
- The clean channel has been changed; special emphasis was taken to the boosted mode which gives you more gain with nicely balanced frequencies and compression.
- Power amp dampening was adjusted to compliment the new pre amp design, the Excursion switches so to speak.
- The 20th Anniversary amp was designed and features 6L6 power amp tubes standard but can be custom order with EL34's.
Manufacturer: Bogner Amplification
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details