A Sonic Time Machine Built To Revisit Bogner History - The Bogner Helios 100W Handwired Guitar Amplifier Head
To celebrate our 25th year anniversary Bogner Amplification releases the HELIOS amplifiers. Truly a sonic time machine, HELIOS features hand-wired construction with two foot switchable channels and foot switchable FX loop/boost. Available as 50 or 100 watts with EL34 power tubes.
After countless requests Reinhold Bogner revisited his vast amount of detailed notes that go back in time from three decades of archiving, modifying and designing amplifiers. Through this treasure of documents lives the aural mojo of clients such as Eddie Van Halen, Steve Stevens, Jerry Cantrell, George Lynch, Michael Landau + others.
With this past knowledge HELIOS delivers Rock's deepest roots with 40 years of iconic and modified Marshall tones.
Should you buy a 100W or 50W?
Much like the old Plexi type amps our two Helios versions sound and feel different. The 100W is bolder, with punchy bass and a bit tighter than the sweeter sounding 50W. If you are leaning towards the 50W for it's lower power, consider the 100W Helios since it also has a 30W mode and captures the more iconic 100W sound and feel.
- Point to point hand wired single channel all tube design
- Gain, bass, middle, treble and presence control
- Volume A, Volume B foot-switchable
- 6 position rotary Schizo switch for gain and tone structure presets
- Tube buffered series effects loop with return level control
- 40W 6L6 tube rectified power section
- High “óËé¼ËÇ£ Low Standby switch for 40 or 20 watt mode
- Line out with level control
- Functions on foot controller: volume select, boost with high “óËé¼ËÇ£ low select and effects loop
- Classis traditional Amp head cosmetics (no grill cloth)
- Black levant/bronco tolex gold piping
- Plexi And Hot Inputs
- ch1: Volume Control, 3 position bright switch
- ch2: Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble and Volume Control
- Pre EQ. switch for Plexi Bright, Normal and Bright
- Voicing Switch for 70 or 80
- EQ Bypass Switch for Raw Pre - Power Amp voicing
- Common Presence control
- Bottom Control with Punch Switch for low end response
- Tube Buffered series effects loop with return level control
- JMP-100W or JTM-30W mode switch (100W version only!)
- Foot Switchable Functions: channel select and effects loop,
- Note: foot controller not included
Manufacturer: Bogner Amplification
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details