A Versatile Amp Ready For The Most Demanding Studio And Stage Applications - The Bogner New Yorker 112 12W 1 x 12" Guitar Combo Amplifier
The Bogner New Yorker has the style, feel, tone and flavor of small tweed amps from the 50's. The uniquely touch-sensitive and dynamic circuit can deliver clean to overdriven tones effortlessly just by controlling your pick attack. The low filtered power supply gives the amp a very loose feel.
The Class A circuit can be switched between 6 or 12 watts and is powered from a pair of cathode biased 6V6's. The 12 watt setting offers more clean headroom and punch while the 6 watt setting is great for lower volume gigs and studio sessions.
With just a Volume, Tone and 4 position Schizo switch the controls are powerful enough for a wide range of organic tones.
Bogner's Schizo switch offers three tweed inspired and one blackface setting which you won't find in any other tweed type amplifier design. The range of musical tones are:
Position 1 is a simulated blackface attenuation, scooped mids with most clean headroom.
Position 2 is tweed with a flatter tone for a brown twang.
Position 3 is tweed with tamed gain on treble and bass, more definition for humbuckers.
Position 4 is fat pure traditional tweed tone.
The combos are constructed from solid pine and feature a Baltic birch floating speaker baffle board. This floating design, as offered in several vintage classic amps, allows the speaker and pine cabinet to breath and resonant freely. Many players feel that this lively resonance gives the amp a 3-Dimensional openness almost sounding as though reverb had been added to the notes.
All international amplifiers feature high quality components, custom wound transformers, aluminum chassis and our unique black comet tolex with a classic salt & pepper grill.
- Single channel all tube design
- Preamp dc heaters for low noise
- Straight signal path with simple tone stack
- Boutique capacitors and custom wound transformers
- Aluminum chassis
- Black Comet Vinyl with classic salt & pepper grill
- Low weight small size ultra portable
- 12 watt 6V6 Class A cathode biased power amp
- JJ ECC83s single triode 1st gain stage
- JJ ECC83s 2nd gain stage and cathodyne style phase inverter
- Volume and Tone controls
- 4 position Schizo tone stack gain control
- 3 position standby high low out put power switch (mk2 only, released Nov. 2011)
- Single 8 ohm speaker out
- 1x10 combo Celestion G10 or 8 ohm
- 1x12 combo Celestion G12H 8 ohm
- pine cabinet with Baltic birch floating baffle
Manufacturer: Bogner Amplification
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA77391
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device