Find Your One Bass To Do It All - The Brubaker NBS Custom 5 String Bass WithÂ Buckeye Burl Top In Natural Blackburst
Finally. Now there's a bass to handle every musical situation with equal authority, whether it's Funk, Gospel or Jazz - or other styles, from Blues to Rock to Fusion.Â
CHUCK LEVIN'S AND BRUBAKER BASSES COMBINE FORCESÂ
These proprietary models are designed exclusively for Chuck Levin's by Brubaker Custom Basses. Yes, they are tonally articulate and expressive, but can also pack some real punch without batting an eye, and theseÂ feature the integration of a newly styled flat top of Buckeye Burl onto Kevin's familiar KBX and NBS body shape for an enhanced visual appeal.
These basses are very nicely balanced, have a fast neck andÂ perfect fretwork. That means not only can they serve up any tone, but they're easy to hold and to play during those longer sets. This custom build is finished in Natural Blackburst.
BRUBAKER "BOLT-THRU TECHNOLOGY " NECK JOINT
The Brubaker Bolt-Thru neck joint is a combination of bolt-on and neck-thru construction. A key ingredient of Brubaker basses that gives you the flexibility of two separable pieces, without sacrificing tone and comfort. Bolt-Thru construction results in excellent attack with greater sustain, more clarity and more focus on the tonality of the note. The best of both worlds.
The NBS Custom CL Model uses the Bartolini 4.6AP 3-Band preamp with Bypass and Mid-Shift; the control layout is: Volume (Push-Pull), Blend (Midrange Push Pull), Balance/Tone. The Bartolini preamp combines premium, audio-quality potentiometers with a Â 3-band EQ design that allows any pickup or level combination with no interfering 60-cycle hum,Â and so retaining the natural, organic tone of the bass.
We chose aÂ very articulate and punchy Bartolini DL5CBC pickup for the bridge position. This dual coil is best known both for powerful lows and low-mids, and for it's bright treble - all made possible from the one bridge pickup. In the neck position is the the 59J, which is Bartolini's more traditional J-styled pickup, a solid choice.
All Bartolinis are cast in epoxy which removes the possibility of any unwanted feedbackÂ orÂ microphonics. As an added bonus, these soapbar style pickups can proveÂ an excellent thumbrest as needed.
This Brubaker NBS Series design is for the bassist who demands nothing but the best when it comes to tone and playability. Its sleek, ergonomic features and high-tech electronics make it one of the most sought after basses in the industry.
- Model Build: NBS-5-CL 5 String Custom
- Top: Figured Buckeye Burl
- Body: Eastern Soft Maple
- Neck Wood: One Piece Flamed Hard Maple
- Headstock: Matching Figured Burl
- Fingerboard: Black Ebony
- Inlay: Dots
- Neck Pickup: Bartolini 59 J
- Bridge Pickup: Bartolini DL5 CBC
- Preamp: Bartolini 4.6AP 3-Band Preamp With Bypass And Mid-Shift
- Controls: Volume (Push-Pull), Blend (Midrange Push Pull), Balance/Tone
- Hardware: Hipshot Style A, Brass Saddles; Ultra Lite Tuning Keys, Dunlop Straploks
- Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 34 5/8"
- Strings: SIT Power Steel Stainless, 047-127
- Gig Bag: Rock Ready Volo Series
Manufacturer: Brubaker Musical Instruments
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA84937
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device