Hold Down The Low End On Stage With The Brubaker NBS-5 Custom Burl Top 5-String Electric Bass In Natural Burl
Finally. Now there's a bass to handle every musical situation with equal authority, whether it's Funk, Gospel or Jazz - or other styles, from Blues to Rock to Fusion.
CHUCK LEVIN'S AND BRUBAKER BASSES COMBINE FORCES
These proprietary models are designed exclusively for Chuck Levin's by Brubaker Custom Basses. Yes, they are tonally articulate and expressive, but can also pack some real punch without batting an eye, and these feature the integration of a newly styled flat top of Buckeye Burl onto Kevin's familiar NBS body shape for an enhanced visual appeal.
These basses are very nicely balanced, have a fast neck and perfect fretwork. That means not only can they serve up any tone, but they're easy to hold and to play during those longer sets.
BRUBAKER "BOLT-THRU TECHNOLOGY " NECK JOINT
The Brubaker Bolt-Thru neck joint is a combination of bolt-on and neck-thru construction. A key ingredient of Brubaker basses that gives you the flexibility of two separable pieces, without sacrificing tone and comfort. Bolt-Thru construction results in excellent attack with greater sustain, more clarity and more focus on the tonality of the note. The best of both worlds.
The NBS Custom CL Model uses the Bartolini 4.6AP 3-Band preamp with Bypass and Mid-Shift; the control layout is: Volume (Push-Pull), Blend (Midrange Push Pull), Balance/Tone. The Bartolini preamp combines premium, audio-quality potentiometers with a 3-band EQ design that allows any pickup or level combination with no interfering 60-cycle hum, and so retaining the natural, organic tone of the bass.
We chose a very articulate and punchy Bartolini DSL5CBC pickup for the bridge position. This dual coil is best known both for powerful lows and low-mids, and for it's bright treble - all made possible from the one bridge pickup. In the neck position is the the 57J, which is Bartolini's more vintage sounding J-styled pickup, a solid choice.
All Bartolinis are cast in epoxy which removes the possibility of any unwanted feedback or microphonics. As an added bonus, these soapbar style pickups can prove an excellent thumbrest as needed.
This Brubaker NBS Series design is for the bassist who demands nothing but the best when it comes to tone and playability. Its sleek, ergonomic features and high-tech electronics make it one of the most sought after basses in the industry.
- Model Build: NBS-5 Custom
- Top Wood: Figured Buckeye Burl
- Body Wood: Swamp Ash
- Neck Wood: One Piece Roasted Hard Maple
- Headstock: Matching Figured Burl
- Fingerboard: Birdseye Maple
- Neck Pickup: Bartolini 57 J
- Bridge Pickup: Bartolini DSL-5 CBC
- Preamp: Bartolini 4.6AP 3-Band Preamp With Bypass And Mid-Shift
- Controls: Volume (Push-Pull), Blend (Midrange Push Pull), Balance/Tone
- Hardware: Hipshot Style A, Brass Saddles; Ultra Lite Tuning Keys, Dunlop Straploks
- Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 34 5/8"
- Strings: SIT Power Steel Stainless, 047-127
- Case: Hard Shell
Manufacturer: Brubaker Musical Instruments
Model: NBS5 NAT
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA93639
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device