Enjoy Exotic Looks And Warm Tone With This C.F. Martin DX2AE Macassar Dreadnought Acoustic Electric Guitar - Solid Sapele Top And Macassar Ebony Pattern HPL Back And Sides
This Dreadnought Acoustic Electric model comes equipped with Fishman Sonitone electronics and is sure to be perfect for home studio or stage use. The solid construction assures a melifluous harmonic tonal resonance optimized to sustain all the finer dynamics inherent within the building of this instrument.
The guitar's neck is constructed using multilayered wood, bonding layers of Birch under an extremely high pressure. That material is then carved and finished in a conventional manner, with the end result being a very strong neck - and one that provides an articulate sustain. The 14 fret neck is spec'd to Martin's Performing Artist neck shape and taper. It has a 25.4 in. scale, a 1-3/4 in. nut width, and 16 in. radius along the black Richlite fretboard.
The Fishman Sonitone Onboard Preamp System for this model features a soundhole mounted preamp with rotary controls for Volume and Tone. As per Fishman you can expect approximately 100 hours of continuous use between battery changes.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Hand-Rubbed
- Construction: Mortise Tenon Neck Joint
- Back Side Finish: N/A
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4"
- Top Material: Sapele
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Back Material: HPL
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: HPL
- Electronics: Fishman® Sonitone
- Recommended Strings:
- Electronics Options:
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: N/A
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: N/A
- Bridge Material: FSC® Certified Richlite®
- Top Detail: None
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Black
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Pickguard Inlay: N/A
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back Sides Color: None
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Back Detail: Macassar Pattern
- Back Purfling/Strip: N/A
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Heelcap: Black
- Side Detail: Macassar Pattern
- Endpiece: N/A
- Side Inlay Material: N/A
- Endpiece Inlay: N/A
- Neck Material: Brown Birch Laminate
- Fingerboard Material: FSC® Certified Richlite®
- Finish Neck: Hand-Rubbed
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2 1/8"
- Neck Color: None
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Dots
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: White Plastic
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding Material: N/A
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Knob: Small
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Case: N/A
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Label: Foil Label
- Pleked: No
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.