Glitch Your Signal To Create Controlled Yet Wonderfully Random Guitar Sounds With The Catalinbread CSIDMAN Digital Delay Effects Pedal
The first thing to keep in mind about the CSIDMAN is that it completely embraces and makes no apologies for the fact that it is digital (though it does have a 100% analog dry path). Digital is the CSIDMAN’s aesthetic: as a delay pedal, it strives to reproduce echoes as true to the input as possible without filtering. When you utilize its scratched disc, stuttery, and glitchy behaviors, it is pseudo-random, yet gives you a certain amount of “control” over the randomness.
- MIX: Gives you control over the wet/dry balance from 100% wet to 100% dry.
- FEED: Controls the amount of feedback.
- CUTS: (used in conjunction with the LATCH knob) Controls the sample rate, the relative speed that the CSIDMAN skips.
- LATCH: Controls the relative time in a cycle that the CSIDMAN is in a latching skipping state. When full counterclockwise, it doesn’t skip, allowing you to use the pedal as a traditional digital delay. When full clockwise, the unit is stuck repeating whatever is in the memory address. At noon, this knob is a 50/50 balance (though random) between a skip-playback state and non-skip sample state.
- TIME: Controls the echo delay line’s delay time up to 725mS.
Power Supply Recommendation: Negative Tip DC, 9-18 volts.
The CSIDMAN does not run on batteries. If you want more volume, headroom, and percussive attack, try running an 18 volt power supply. A 9 volt power supply will have a slightly softer sound that saturates more easily.Manufacturer: Catalinbread
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.