Get A Small Body Guitar With A Lot Of Voice And Custom Appointments - The Collings Parlor DLX T Traditional Acoustic Guitar with Rosewood Back & Sides In A Sunburst Finish
The long and narrow body shape of the new Collings Parlor is inspired by some of the earliest steel string guitar designs that form the roots of the modern acoustic guitar family tree. First popularized in the late 19th century, this diminutive guitar has often been overlooked in favor of its larger and louder descendants, but the parlor body style is once again finding its way into the hands of players who appreciate its exceptional tonal balance and responsiveness, as well as its portability and comfortable feel. Named for what we now call the "living room", this guitar comes from an era when friends would gather at home to make music before an evening's entertainment could be readily broadcast, televised or streamed. While it may at first glance seem to be a relic of the past, today with music often being recorded in the living rooms of home studios, streamed from house concerts, and broadcast from Tiny Desks, perhaps this charismatic and beautiful sounding little guitar has once again found its moment to shine. Crafted with our Traditional series appointments, features, and voicing techniques, the Collings Parlor has a full bodied voice and projection that belies its small size.
Newly available in the "Deluxe" model variation, this Parlor is outfitted with custom made wood purflings and features a Sitka Spruce top and Indian rosewood back and sides. With a look as multifaceted as its tone, the uncommon sound of this small instrument has a nuance, warmth and focus that stays in your ear long after the music stops.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: E. Indian rosewood
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Construction: Animal protein glue
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with deluxe purfling
- Bridge: Ebony pyramid-style with 2 5/16" spacing (petite)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ivoroid with black dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Traditional
- Peghead Profile: Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with gold MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners: Waverly Engraved Bronze 3-on-a-plate with Ivoroid Buttons
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: Custom wood rosette
- Scale Length: 24 7/16"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss extra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss extra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: None
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-26 (.011" - .052")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Body Length: 18 5/16"
- Body Depth: 4"
- Lower Bout Width: 12 1/4"
- Total Length: 37 1/4"
Manufacturer: Collings Guitars
Model: PARLOR DLX SB T
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details