Get Traditional Hollowbody Tones With The Eastman AR805CE Hollowbody Archtop Guitar
Fans of traditional or modern jazz will feel right at home with their handcrafted take on archtop guitars. They've brought classic designs to life and into the hands of legendary players like John Pisano and Frank Vignola. Eastman offers three different construction options with three different sounds and functionalities.
Laminate: Not a Four Letter Word
To be great is to be misunderstood. Eastman are true believers in the de-stigmatization of laminate guitars. The tightly compressed laminate woods dampen down overtones created by solid woods, and lend themselves to perfect tone production in louder environments. Durability and versatility make Eastman laminated archtops idea for the player looking to take a more modern approach to their rig.
Blending of Worlds
As far as great combinations go, it doesn’t get much better than the pairing of increased acoustic sustain and tight, focused, amplified sound that the solid wood top and laminate back & sides make possible.
More wood, more sound. Their solid wood archtops create a deep resonance and inviting warmth that makes them irresistible to jazzers of all backgrounds and styles.
Big Body = Big Sound
Sometimes, bigger can certainly be better. 16" and 17" guitars provide a larger spectrum of overtones that create a fuller acoustic tone. Larger archtop guitars can run into feedback issues at louder electric volumes, but shine in quieter, more controlled volume settings.
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Neck Profile: Traditional Even C
- Nut: Bone 1 3/4"
- 1st Fret String Height: .022"
- 12th Fret String Height: Bass .078 and Treble .062"
- Fretwire: 22 Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104
- Scale Length: 25"
- Body Style: Venetian
- Body Dimensions: 16" X 3-1/4"
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Body Back/Sides: Solid Handcarved Maple
- Truss Rod: Single Acting
- Binding: Top, Back Fingerboard, F-Holes, Headstock
- Binding Material: 7 ply Ivoroid
- Logo: Pearl Headstock
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Pickguard: Ebony w/ Ivoroid Binding
- Tailpiece: Ebony on Brass
- Bridge: Adjustable Ebony Bridge
- Tuners: Gotoh Gold with Ebony SG360-EN01GG
- Neck Pickup: Lollar Custom Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Pickup Height: 3/32"
- Capacitors: 0.047μF
- Potentiometers: CTS 500K LinearTaper
- Output Jack: Switchcraft 6J1226
- Strings: D'Addario NYXL .012 - .052
- Case: Hardshell Case
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details