Explore New Sonic Territory, Modulate Your Tone Like An Envelope Filter, With Response Controlled By An Internal Oscillator - The Electro Harmonix Blurst Modulated Filter Pedal
EHX has grafted technology found in keyboard and modular synthesizers into a pedal designed for guitarists and bass players. The Blurst modulates an instrumentâ€™s sound like an envelope filter, but instead of the filterâ€™s response being controlled by playing dynamics, itâ€™s controlled by an internal oscillator. The Blurst is a must have for the adventurous player who wants to explore new sonic territory!
The Blurst is an analog low pass filter controllable by either internal or external modulation. Use the parameters of the pedal to create a variety of sweeping filter effects, including sounds reminiscent of vintage synthesizers.
While a typical envelope filterâ€™s modulation is controlled by your guitarâ€™s attack, the filter in the Blurst is modulated by an internal low frequency oscillator (LFO), similar to a tremolo or phaser. When you add an expression pedal or control voltage (CV) source to the Blurst, you have even greater control over either the LFO or the filter itself.
The Blurstâ€™s all-analog signal path contains a fourth-order low pass filter with variable resonance. Basic modulation is controllable via a variable internal LFO with a choice of three wave shapes. The modulation (including the LFO itself) is controlled digitally, allowing for tap-tempo (with three tap-divide options) and expression pedal control of your choice of three selectable parameters. These features greatly expand the variety of filtered sounds you can generate with the Blurst.
- Features an analog low pass filter with adjustable resonance
- Three modulation waveform shapes: triangle, rising saw-tooth and falling saw-tooth
- Modulation rate is set by either the rate knob or a combination of the tap footswitch and tap divide toggle switch offering quarter, dotted eighth and triplet rhythms
- Three EXP modes, range, rate and filter, can be controlled by an expression pedal or control voltage source like EHX’s 8 Step Program Analog Expression/CV Sequencer
- Range knob sets the frequency range of the filter’s modulation, Blend control adjusts the dry/filtered signal mix
- Includes an EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply
- Dimensions in inches: 2.75 (w) x 4.5 (l) x 2.1 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 70 (w) x 115 (l) x 54 (h)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details