Get A Rock Solid Professional Bass with the Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV Bass Guitar in Natural
The classic Thunderbird bass has become a virtual institution in pop music. Now Epiphone introduces the new Professional Series Thunderbird™ PRO. Available in both 4 and 5 string versions, the Thunderbird is the ultimate rock and roll bass with the world-famous distinctive shape. First released in 1963, the Thunderbird PRO combines traditional design elements with cutting edge technology and all for a price that every working bassist can afford.
Power of the Thunderbird
The Thunderbird PRO features Epiphone's new T-Pro bass humbucker pickups which include custom active electronics and EQ. The pickups are powered by a 9-volt battery which is easily accessible in the back of the body. No previous Thunderbird model has ever sounded like this!
PRO Sound and Design
The Thunderbird PRO IV features mahogany body wings and a rock-solid, 7-piece (Walnut/maple) neck with through-body construction for amazing sustain and tone. The Thunderbird’s SlimTaper™ profile neck has a 34" scale length, 12" radius, and 20 medium jumbo nickel/silver alloy frets. The nut width on the 4-string model is 1.50" (1.93 on the 5-string model) and the body is finished in 3 striking colors including Vintage Sunburst (VS), Translucent Black (TB), and Natural Oil (NO).
- Body: mahogany
- Neck: 7-piece (walnut / maple / walnut / maple / walnut / maple / walnut)
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper™
- Neck joint: Through-Neck
- Truss Rod: Double-Action, 2-Way
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20-medium jumbo, nickel/silver alloy
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.50" (4-string),
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone T-PRO Bass Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone T-PRO Bass Humbucker
- Bridge: Flush-Mount, fully adjustable
- Controls: Master Volume, Blend, High-EQ, Low-EQ
- Tuners: Premium die-cast 17:1 ratio
- Outputs: 1/4" Mono, Metal Jack Plate
- Hardware: Black
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details