*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Accentuate Your Tone With Hand-Crafted Innovation - The Ernie Ball Music Man BFR Cutlass HSS Electric Guitar In Blue Magic
The Ball family is the last of a dying breed, a family business making premium guitars and basses on the California central coast since 1984. Sterling Ball, alongside his sons Brian and Scott, combine the laser precision of robotics and old-world hand craftsmanship to develop innovative instrument designs that push the boundaries of performance and playability.
This special edition Cutlass HSS BFR features a lightweight Alder body finished in Custom Blue Magic matte finish. Smooth satin figured white maple neck with maple fingerboard is accented with larger black position markers and hand-fitted black binding. This BFR edition guitar comes with matching painted headstock and locking tuners. Parchment pickguard with contrasting black plastic parts and all-black hardware complete the overall aesthetic package. Limited to 51 pieces worldwide.
BLUE MAGIC FINISH
The lightweight alder body is finished with an exclusive matte Blue Magic finish.
MAPLE NECK WITH BLACK BINDING
Flame figured maple neck is accented with black dot markers and matching black binding.
Featuring all-black hardware with a contrasting parchment pickguard.
- Model: BFR Cutlass HSS
- Size: 12-7/8" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 38-1/8" long (32.7 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 96.8 cm long)
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Alder
- Body Colors: Blue Magic
- Bridge: Music Man Modern tremolo with vintage bent steel saddles
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Pickguard: Parchment
- Neck Radius: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Headstock Size: 6-3/8" (16.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, medium width, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at the nut, 2-1/4" (56.9 mm) at the last fret
- Neck Wood: Select Maple
- Fingerboard: Select Maple
- Fret Markers: 1/4" Black dots
- Neck Finish: Ultra-light satin polyurethane finish
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls: Passive 500kohm volume and tone (250kohm load on lever switch positions 2,3,4, & 5) - .022 tone capacitor; with transparent buffered output for complete tonal consistency at all volume levels
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: HSS - 1 Music Man custom humbucking bridge pickup, 2 Music Man custom wound single coils featuring the new wide spectrum Music Man "Silent Circuit", which reduces hum and retains true single-coil sound
- Strings: 9p-11p-16p-26w-36w-46w (M-Steel Hybrid Slinky #2922)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.