Fly To The Top With High Quality Tone And A Unique Body Design With The Music Man Mariposa Electric Guitar In Imperial Black
Designed with world-renowned Mars Volta and At the Drive-In composer & guitarist Omar RodrÃguez-LÃ³pez, the Mariposa guitar features an offset lightweight okoume body, a roasted maple neck, and an ebony fingerboard that showcases pearlescent style block inlays. Electronics include two custom wound EBMM humbucking pickups with separate volume control for each pickup, controlled by a 3-way pickup selector switch that allows for variable humbucking combinations when needed. The pickguard is laser etched with an ornate design coordinated to compliment the Imperial Black finish.
Custom pickguards are laser-etched with an original ornate floral design coordinated to compliment specific finish options.
Ernie Ball Music Man designed pickups accentuate Omar's love of heavy distortion while retaining all the subtleties of a classic style humbucking pickup.
Offset angular okoume body shape provides a beautiful unique appearance while retaining maximum balance and playing comfort.
TETHERED TONE CIRCUIT
The passive interaction between the dual volume pots creates a natural variation in the high end when set at different levels.
Mariposa features Schaller M6-IND Gold Locking Tuners.
- Model: Mariposa
- Size: 11-7/8" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 37-1/2" long (30.2 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 95.3 cm long)
- Body Wood: Okoume
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Body Color: Imperial Black
- Bridge: Music Man Modern tremolo with chevron cover and vintage bent steel saddles
- Pickguard: Black w/ Floral design
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Headstock Size: 6-3/8" (16.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, medium width
- Neck Width: 2-1/4" (56.9 mm)
- Neck Wood: Roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: Atlante Blocks
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Natural
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking (Gold)
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: 500kohm volume for each pickup
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.