Get A Guitar Built For Speed with the EVH 5150 Series Standard Electric Guitar in Matte Army Drab, Maple Fingerboard
Engineered for speed, comfort and full-throttle attitude, the reimagined 5150® Series Standard is an iconic blast from the past that blends both throwback and modernized features.
Like its predecessor, the 5150 Standard features a modified Strat®-style basswood body with a deeper upper body curve. The graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck features a comfortable modified "C" profile, hand-rubbed urethane back finish, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel and matching "hockey stick" headstock with EVH® logo decal. Built for smooth and speedy playability, the 12"-16" compound radius maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays.
While the famed striped original had a single humbucking bridge pickup only, the all-new 5150 is outfitted with an HH pickup configuration controlled by a quick access three-way toggle switch on the lower bout. The custom designed EVH® Wolfgang® Alnico 2 humbucking bridge pickup delivers the perfect amount of punch and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms in a perfectly balanced EQ curve. The EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucker neck pickup serves up no-nonsense, balls to the wall overdrive and endless sustain without skimping on articulate cleans when the volume is rolled down. A high-friction tone knob provides unmatched tonal performance, while the custom designed EVH-branded low-friction volume knob creates even-volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells.
Decked out with a "dive-bomb" certified EVH-branded top-mount Floyd Rose® bridge, the locking tailpiece features fine tuners for each string and a patented EVH D-Tuna® for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant.
A high-octane, high performance axe, the 5150 Standard boasts battle-ready style in either a Matte Army Drab, Rocket Red or Satin Primer Gray finish with all-chrome hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh® tuning machines.
- Body: Basswood
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: 5150®
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: EVH® Modified "C" Backshape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius:12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod Wrench: 2.5 mm Hex
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Top-Mount EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Strings: EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details