*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Celebrate 70 Years Of Fender Guitars With A Tribute To The First Fender Ever Built - The Fender 70th Anniversary Esquire Electric Guitar In White Blonde
The very first solid-body electric guitar offered by Fender in 1950 was the Esquire. With an elegant single-cutaway silhouette, adjustable 3-saddle bridge and a lone, repurposed lap-steel pickup in the bridge position - the Esquire laid the groundwork for all solidbody electric guitars to follow and foreshadowed its more famous sibling, the Telecaster.
Like the earliest Esquire models, the 70th Anniversary Esquire features a pine body - a lightweight wood known for punchy and complex tone - and upgrades it with our roasting treatment, greatly improving the resonance of the body. Other features include a lacquer finish, thick "U"-shaped neck, Tim Shaw-designed Esquire bridge pickup - inspired by an original '50 Esquire from Songbirds Museum in Chattanooga, TN - special anniversary neck plate and tweed case.
- Body: Roasted Pine
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material: Roasted Pine
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: '50 Broadcaster® "U"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- String Nut: Bone
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Solid Barrel Steel Saddles
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Tim Shaw Designed Esquire Bridge Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Configuration: S
- Switching (3-Position Blade):
- Position 1. Bridge (Tone control off)
- Position 2. Bridge (Tone control on)
- Position 3. Bridge (Tone control off, preset treble roll-off)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.