*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get A Smooth Yet Responsive Tone With TheÂ Fender American Original '70s Jazz Bass In Black
Over the course of the '70s, the Jazz Bass entered its "teenage years", changing its visual style and inspiring new playing techniques-such as slapping-which led directly to new, creative forms of expression. Its smooth feel and growly midrange, tempered with a bit of treble bite, made it a hero in recording sessions around the globe. The American Original '70s Jazz Bass updates the smooth playing feel with a modern-radius fingerboard, while retaining the classic Fender tone and style that made the Jazz Bass the tool of choice for creative bassists.
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: 1975 "U"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.475" (37.46 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '75 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '75 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Pure Vintage '70s with Single Groove Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage '70s with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White/Black/White
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.