Fender American Professional II Precision Bass With V-Mod II Pickups, Rosewood Fingerboard - Dark Night
The American Professional II Precision Bass draws from more than sixty years of innovation, inspiration, and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player. The ’63 P Bass profile neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish, and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. The new V-Mod II Precision Bass split-coil pickup is more articulate than ever while delivering the punch and growl the P Bass is known for.
The American Pro II Precision Bass delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad-ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
New V-Mod II Bass Pickups
Michael Bump engineered Fender’s New V-Mod II Precision Bass pickups using a proprietary blend of alnico magnet types. Voiced specifically for each position and carefully designed for a top-notch tone that modern bassists will love. This split-coil pickup is more articulate than ever while delivering the punch and growl the P Bass is known for.
Body and Neck Specifications
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: "1963 C"
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Frets: 20/Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
Pickups and Hardware
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod II Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: S
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Top-Load)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details