The Choice Of Mainstream and Underground Artists For 65 Years, And Still Going- The Fender American Professional Jaguar Electric Guitar - Maple Fingerboard, Antique Olive
An eye-catching adventurous design—an exercise in chrome, plastic and wood—the Jaguar guitar’s delightfully off-kilter aesthetics and unique sound made it a darling of underground artists from the ‘70s to today. Though it was the pinnacle of guitar technology when it was released in 1962, time (and technology) marches on so Fender updated the Jaguar with modern features and materials, hot-rodding it for today’s players. The result? The American Professional Jaguar—a dangerous instrument with bite.
V-Mod Jaguar pickups are voiced specifically for their position, creating high-output tone with vintage warmth and the crisp, clear sound that made Fender a legend. The redesigned pickup claw is constructed from nickel-silver for hot output that easily pushes a tube amp into overdrive.
“DEEP C” NECK PROFILE
Designed for comfort and speed, the new American Professional “Deep C” neck profile sports more substantial shoulders—somewhat between a “Modern C”- and “U”-shaped profile. The increased mass and altered geometry creates a more natural feel that’s perfect for chord and single-note playing alike.
Narrow-tall frets are taller and narrower than their medium jumbo cousins, making them especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
Engineered for ultra-stable performance, the American Professional Jaguar bridge features brass Mustang saddles and a screw-in arm. The new saddles keep the strings where they belong, even when the bridge is pummeled, while the new arm lets you dial-in the arm tension that’s perfect for you.
The treble-bleed circuit maintains the high end when turning down the volume knob to reduce gain, letting your tone shine through, no matter where the instrument’s volume is set.
The Elite Molded Case features body-hugging contours to protect your cherished instrument, TSA latches for increased security and nested stacking ability for easy storage and secure transport.
- Two Michael Frank-designed single-coil V-Mod Jaguar pickups
- Jaguar bridge with brass Mustang saddles and vintage-style "floating" tremolo with screw-in arm
- New modern "Deep C”-shaped neck profile
- Bone nut; 22 narrow-tall frets for easier bending
- Treble bleed circuit maintains highs when reducing volume
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex™
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jaguar
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jaguar
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series) Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics 2-Position Slide-Switch for In/Out of Phase When Both Pickups are On
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 9.5 inch Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Screw-in Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details