OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
A Sophisticated Workhorse, At Once Classic And Innovative - The Fender American Professional Jazz Bass - Maple Fingerboard, Natural
The Fender Jazz Bass is a refinement of concepts first introduced in the Precision Bass. It is the earliest example of Fender's philosophy of never resting, and pushing boundaries. Evolved for todayâ€™s musician, the American Professional Jazz Bass combines modern features and materials with Fenderâ€™s craftsmanship and expertise to produce a truly contemporary bass.
Speedy, powerful and articulate, the Jazz Bass quickly carved out a niche for itself when it was released in 1960. The slim, ultra-fast neck and slick offset-waist styling made it a favorite of bassists everywhere. Funk, fusion, disco and, of course, modern rock all owe a life debt to the fantastically versatile Jazz Bass.
Developed by pickup master Michael Bump, the brand-new V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups use a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA. Designed for comfort and performance, the slim modern â€œCâ€-shaped neck profile feels just right nestled in your hand, becoming one with you, while the narrow-tall frets provide a familiar playing feel and perfect intonation. Posiflexâ„¢ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Jazz Bass is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend
- Two Michael Bump-designed V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Slim modern “C”-shaped neck profile
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
- HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Fluted-shaft tuning machines
- Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: "Slim C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod: Nut 3/16" Hex Adjustment
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA84118
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device