A Sophisticated Workhorse, At Once Classic And Innovative - The Fender American Professional Precision Bass
Bass - it's where rhythm meets melody, creating a righteous groove that forces you to move with it. Without the Fender Precision Bass, the original electric bass, dance floors everywhere would be empty. As music evolves, our instruments change in lockstep; the end result is today's version of this seminal instrument-the American Professional Precision Bass.
The Precision Bass was a truly revolutionary instrument when it was released in 1951. Not only could bassists finally play with perfect intonation, they could be heard along with the rest of the band. From funk to rock, hip-hop to reggae; all of the music that's enriched our lives began with the thunderous Precision Bass.
Developed by longtime bass pickup master Michael Bump, the brand-new V-Mod split-coil Precision Bass pickup uses a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA. The "golden" '63 P Bass neck profile feels just right nestled in your hand, becoming one with you, while the narrow-tall frets provide a familiar playing feel and perfect intonation. Posiflex graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Precision Bass is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Single Michael Bump-designed V-Mod split-coil Precision Bass pickup
- '63 P Bass neck profile
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
- HiMassâ„¢ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Fluted-shaft tuning machines; Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod Split Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: "1963 C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod: Nut 3/16" Hex Adjustment
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details