OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Get The Sound And Style Of The Original Icon - The Fender Classic Series '50s Precision Bass Lacquer, Maple Fingerboard, Black
Introduced in the early 1950s, the Precision Bass profoundly affected the sound of popular music and quickly became an indispensable instrument for musicians everywhere. It introduced a deep and powerful new sound into the rocking and rolling 1950s and set a new stage for great sounds to come in the ensuing decades.
The Classic Series '50s Precision Bass Lacquer delivers the distinctive 1950s-era look, sound and vibe of those first Fender basses, with vintage style and an authentic nitrocellulose lacquer finish on its alder body. Other features include a "C"-shaped maple neck, 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets and black-dot inlays, vintage-style split single-coil pickup, gold anodized pickguard, four-saddle American Vintage bass bridge, and vintage-style reverse tuners. Tweed case included.
CLASSIC VINTAGE STYLING
Pure and simple, this instrument features classic vintage styling that evokes and honors the timeless Fender basses that came before it in the 1950s, ’60s and ’70s. From the rear strap button to the top of the headstock, it’s the very essence of classic vintage Fender bass design.
A major part of the vintage-style sound, look and appeal of this bass is its vintage-style pickups, which deliver pure bass tone, power and performance evoking the great Fender basses of the 1950s, ’60s and ’70s.
NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER FINISH
Nitrocellulose lacquer is one of the great original-era Fender electric guitar finishes, and is still used today on select instruments. Thin, porous and delicate, it’s a premium finish prized for sonic qualities that let body woods breathe with their true tonal character, and for an appearance that ages and wears in a distinctive way appealing to many players.
- Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- One-piece maple neck/fingerboard with “C” profile, 7.25” radius and 20 vintage-style frets
- Vintage-style split-single-coil pickup
- Gold anodized aluminum pickguard
- Vintage-style four-saddle bridge
- Reverse open-gear tuners
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Bass
- Pickguard: Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Case/Gig Bag: Tweed Case
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA57802
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device