Play the Holy Grail Of Fender Teles - the Fender Custom Shop 1951 Nocaster Journeyman Relic Electric Guitar In Aged Nocaster Blonde Finish
An elusive legend among Fender aficionados, the Nocaster has an interesting history.
Originally called the "Broadcaster" during its initial production run in ’50, it was renamed after a request from The Gretsch Company, which offered a drum set named "Broadkaster". As a cost-saving measure Fender simply cut the name off the headstock label with scissors, leaving just the famous Fender logo until late ‘51 when they received their new name, Telecaster. The lack of model name led to these guitars being christened "Nocasters" by collectors. Very few were produced. Their sound and feel are legendary among players who know.
Bursting at the seams with early 50’s style and comfort, the Time Machine Nocaster wields Fender Custom Shop hand-wound "Loaded" ‘51 Nocaster neck and bridge pickups, bordered by a black phenolic pickguard. This Holy Grail of Tele guitars also features a "10/56 V" shaped quartersawn AA flame maple neck that’s ideal for any playing style and thumb position.
Other highlights include a 9.5"-radius fingerboard, 6105 frets, Fat ‘50s Tele wiring, 3-way switch, ’51-’54 bridge with brass saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Model Name: 1951 Nocaster Journeyman Relic, Maple Fingerboard, Aged Nocaster Blonde
- Model Number: 923-1011-513
- Serial Number: R105736
- Color: Aged Nocaster Blonde
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: 1-Piece AA Flame Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 10/56 "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Headstock: Telecaster®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Maple
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Loaded '51 Nocaster
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Loaded '51 Nocaster
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups,
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Switch Tips: Barrel Style
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case; Strap; Certificate of Authenticity.
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details