Channel the Sounds of a Legendary Rock Innovator With The Fender Custom Shop Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child Stratocaster Journeyman Relic - Olympic White
Jimi Hendrix was the quintessential innovator of modern music. A left-handed player who wielded a right handed-guitar, he rewrote the vocabulary of contemporary guitarists with the fiery tone of his "upside-down", reverse-strung instrument. The sounds he created with his Strat informed his inventive technique - and in turn his songwriting - in a synergistic relationship that birthed a legend.
The Voodoo Child Strat is your chance to directly experience the tone and essential configuration of his guitars - recreated for right-handed players by the Fender Custom Shop.
The Voodoo Child Strat takes a multi-faceted approach to recreating the elements of Hendrix's unique configuration, the most obvious being the reversed headstock. Reversing the headstock lengthens the distance between the nut and low-E string for a tighter playing feel, simultaneously shortening the distance between the nut and the high-E for easier bending and vibrato.
The trio of left-handed hand-wound Custom Shop '69 Strat single-coil pickups reverse the pole piece placement, creating inspiring tone with enhanced upper harmonics and definition. Reversing the angle of the bridge pickup gives it the same orientation as a left-handed Strat strung upside down, giving you all the elements of the Hendrix sound and feel for your own.
Other features include a two-piece select alder body, Journeyman Relic nitrocellulose lacquer finish, tinted maple neck with '65 Strat "Oval C"-shaped profile, 9.5"-radius fingerboard, 21 6105 frets, 5-way switching, vintage wiring, 3-ply Eggshell pickguard, American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo, vintage-style tuning machines with Fender logo, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: 66 Strat Oval "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Headstock: Large '60s Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Engraved
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '69 Strat Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '69 Strat Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '69 Strat Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Switch Tips: Vintage White
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details