*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Show Off Remarkable Character with The Fender Custom Shop Limited 1950s Stratocaster Journeyman Relic In Aged Gold Sparkle
This Fender Custom Shop 1950s Stratocaster features an absolutely stunning Gold Sparkle finish, a Journeyman Relic job, and a remarkable set of handwound pickups. With the guitar's bold, gold finish and Journeyman Relic job, you get aged hardware, plenty of finish checking, and all the dings, dents, chips, and character of a true '50s original Strat.
This Fender Journeyman build has an authentic in-hand feel, with a maple neck that sports a 10/56 "V" profile, Medium Vintage frets, and a Flash Coat Lacquer finish. The 7.25" to 9.5" compund radius fingerboard is a joy to play, getting flatter as you go up the neck, for easy bends and a natural feel for your fretting hand.
The three single-coil pickups in this guitar sound exceptional as well, with a Handwound Tomatillo in the neck/middle positions (middle is reverse-wound, reverse-polarity) and a Handwound Poblano in the bridge. This combination of pickups helps provide plenty of single-coil clean chime that can also get plenty gritty when you need them to.
Top it all off with authentic, period-correct specs and hardware, such as Vintage-Style tuners, a Custom '56 Strat pickguard, and Fender Custom Shop Strat/Tele Tweed case, and you have a truly unique and enticing Stratocaster.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Nut: Bone
- Neck Material: Maple (Rift Sawn)
- Neck Finish: Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Profile: 10/56 "V"
- Neck Thickness at 1st Fret: .940"
- Neck Thickness at 12th Fret: .970"
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" to 9.5" compound
- Inlays: Black Micarta
- Fret Wire: Medium Vintage
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Plating: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: Custom '56 Strat
- Tuning Keys: Vintage-Style with Fender logo
- Bridge Assembly: Custom Shop Vintage Strat
- Neck Pickup: Handwound Tomatillo
- Middle Pickup: Handwound Tomatillo (Reverse Wound, Reverse Polarity)
- Bridge Pickup: Handwound Poblano
- Controls: Strat 1/2 Blender
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case; Strap; Certificate of Authenticity.
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.