Get Vintage Inspired Tone And Aesthetic With The Fender Custom Shop Ltd '55 Dual-Mag Stratocaster Journeyman Relic In Aged Sherwood Green Metallic
Combining original-era Fender style with modern refinements and hand-wound Custom Shop Dual Mag pickups, the Limited Edition '55 Dual-Mag Strat Journeyman Relic could only have been created by the visionaries of the Fender Custom Shop. Calibrated for balance and volume, the Custom Shop Dual-Mag single-coil Strat pickups are a unique design, based around a proprietary blend of magnet types. Alnico 2 magnets temper the treble strings while alnico 5 magnets give a piano-like punch to the bass strings. All pickups are wrapped with copper tape and grounded to reduce EMI.
The two-piece '55 select ash body has deep contours and a Journeyman Relic lacquer finish for comfort-like a comfy pair of blue jeans-while the tinted, one-piece, rift-sawn maple neck sports a "'54 Soft V"-shaped profile. The 7.25"-9.5" compound-radius fingerboard and 21 #6105 frets give the neck a welcomingly comfortable playing feel. Under the hood, this guitar features a Strat Â½ Blender wiring along with a Greasebucket tone circuit that preserves your gain when rolling back the tone control. The pickup routes and control cavity are shielded and grounded for reduced EMI while the anodized Gold pickguard is a cool aesthetic touch, as are the "transitional" '54 pickup covers and '55-style knobs. Other features include 5-way switching, vintage-style synchronized tremolo and tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Body Material: 2-Piece Ash
- Body Style: '56 Strat
- Body Finish: Journeyman Relic Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Shape: '54 Soft "V"
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Truss Rod: 50s
- Fretboard Radius: 7.25"-9.5" Compound
- Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Butt Width: 2.2"
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Inlays: Micarta Black
- Pickups: Hand-Wound Dual-Mag (RWRP in Middle)
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1, Tone 2
- Wiring: Strat 1/2 Blender with Greasebucket Tone Circuit
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuners: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: Light Gold Anodized
- Control Knobs: Vintage
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity, Strap
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details