*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
A Playing Homage To A Fine Strat Player - The Fender Custom Shop Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster Relic - Faded 3-Color Sunburst
If there were a Mount Rushmore of Stratocaster Masters, Stevie Ray Vaughan would be one of the greats enshrined there. Almost single-handedly responsible for the electric blues revival of the 80s and 90s, he used his beloved Strat, to blaze his way to the top of the charts. It's one of the most revered guitars in the world, and Fender has made it a permanent addition to the Custom Artist Collection.
SRV heavily modified his Strat to match his energetic, yet controlled, playing style. They included a trio of hot, high-output Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special pickups for fiery, authentically Fender tone that's as big as the Lone Star state.
As an homage to his personal hero, Jimi Hendrix (who's also been known to pick up a Strat) SRV used a left-handed vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge on his guitar, allowing him to work the tremolo arm with his elbow.
The two-piece body is crafted from alder selected for its weight and grain, and its Relic lacquer finish will age and wear in a distinctly personal way, just like the original. The tinted riftsawn maple neck has an "Oval C" profile that's slightly thinner on the treble side, making it easier to bend those strings into the stratosphere-a precise recreation of his favorite guitar's neck profile.
Other features include 5-way pickup switching, vintage-style wiring, 3-ply Black "SRV" pickguard, vintage-style tuning machines, rosewood fingerboard, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Model Name: Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster Relic, Rosewood Fingerboard, Faded 3-Color Sunburst
- Model Number: 9235001087
- Series: Custom Artist
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Special SRV Oval "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Headstock: Stratocaster
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Micarta White
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coil Strat
- Master Volume
- Tone 1. (Neck Pickup)
- Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching (5-Position Blade):
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Switch Tips: Vintage White
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.