A Playing Homage To A Fine Strat Player - The Fender Custom Shop Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster Relic - Faded 3-Color Sunburst
If there were a Mount Rushmore of Stratocaster Masters, Stevie Ray Vaughan would be one of the greats enshrined there. Almost single-handedly responsible for the electric blues revival of the 80s and 90s, he used his beloved Strat, to blaze his way to the top of the charts. It's one of the most revered guitars in the world, and Fender has made it a permanent addition to the Custom Artist Collection.
SRV heavily modified his Strat to match his energetic, yet controlled, playing style. We included a trio of hot, high-output Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special pickups for fiery, authentically Fender tone that's as big as the Lone Star state.
As an homage to his personal hero, Jimi Hendrix (who's also been known to pick up a Strat) SRV used a left-handed vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge on his guitar, allowing him to work the tremolo arm with his elbow.
The two-piece body is crafted from alder selected for its weight and grain, and its Relic lacquer finish will age and wear in a distinctly personal way, just like the original. The tinted riftsawn maple neck has an "Oval C" profile that's slightly thinner on the treble side, making it easier to bend those strings into the stratosphere-a precise recreation of his favorite guitar's neck profile.
Other features include 5-way pickup switching, vintage-style wiring, 3-ply Black "SRV" pickguard, vintage-style tuning machines, rosewood fingerboard, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Model Name: Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster Relic, Rosewood Fingerboard, Faded 3-Color Sunburst
- Model Number: 9235001087
- Series: Custom Artist
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Special SRV Oval "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Headstock: Stratocaster
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Micarta White
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Switch Tips: Vintage White
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details