Get An Articulate Yet Warm Sound With The Fender Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline Electric Guitar - Maple Fingerboard, Vintage White
Bringing to life the vision of one of the most respected guitarists in the world, the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline is the perfect marriage between a semi-hollow body and a traditional Stratocaster. Johnson is famous in guitar circles for questing for his ideal tone-liquid and articulate, it perfectly complements the playing style that earned his place in the modern guitar pantheon. In 2015 he approached us to co-design a lightweight, resonant instrument that combines the tones of his favorite semi-hollowbody guitars and his Stratocaster. Two years later, Fender hit the formula for tonal nirvana with the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline.
SEMI HOLLOW 2 PIECE BODY
Fender tested many configurations before Johnson settled on the lightweight capped alder body. With custom chambers and traditional Strat contours this guitar looks as good as it plays.
NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER FINISH
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish not only lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
ERIC JOHNSON SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS
Fender's R&D engineers worked closely with Johnson to craft the perfect pickups for his uniquely articulate sound. Carefully blending our legacy with EJ's discerning sonic tastes, these Stratocaster pickups are a key element of his tone.
CUSTOM ERIC JOHNSON NECK
The thick â€œSoft Vâ€-shaped neck slightly smooths the sharpness of a â€œVâ€ profile, rounding it out so itâ€™s more comfortable for rhythm and lead playing.
STAGGERED VINTAGE STYLE TUNING MACHINES
Not only do these tuning machines have a cool vintage look, they also create optimal string break angle at the nut, removing the need for string trees.
SANS REAR TREMOLO COVER
Matching Johnsonâ€™s own specs, his signature Stratocaster has no tremolo cavity cover on the back and no screw holes for one.
- Semi-Hollow/Thinline Styling
- Alder Top And Body
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Three Eric Johnson Single Coil Stratocaster Pickups
- Custom Quartersawn '57 "Soft V" One Piece Maple Neck
- 12" Radius Maple Fingerboard;
- 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo Bridge
- Staggered Tuning Machines
- Includes Custom Hardshell Case
- Body Material: Semi Hollow Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
Truss Rod Nut: Vintage Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Middle Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Neck Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 5 Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6 Saddle Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Staggered
- Pickguard: 1 Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4 Bolt
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.010 - .046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Blonde Hardshell With Black Ends (Black Interior)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA89971
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device