*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Experience Iconic Grunge Tones And Looks With The Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang Electric Guitar In Fiesta Red
Few artists in music history can be credited with changing the industry nearly overnight and continuing to influence music culture three decades after the height of their popularity. Kurt Cobain and his bandmates in Nirvana appeared on the scene in the early '90s as generational talents who combined raucous, heavy tones, punk-infused energy and melodic hooks to create a sound that quickly attracted millions of fans and established grunge and alternative rock as a genre with legitimate mainstream appeal.
Although Kurt was seen playing a variety of Fender guitars over the years, his Fender Jaguar® and Mustang® remain the most iconic due to their use on the "Nevermind" tour and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" music video. Kurt designed the Jag-Stang® to combine his favorite elements of both instruments and brought it to life with help from the Fender Custom Shop in 1993.
Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Nirvana’s seminal record "Nevermind," this Jag-Stang comes equipped with the same features that made it Kurt's ideal instrument. The alder body delivers a punchy tone perfect for big power chords, the 24" short-scale reduces string tension for easier playing, and the 7.25" radius rosewood fingerboard with maple neck has a comfortable feel that won't fatigue your hands when chording. The vintage-style single-coil and custom humbucking pickups are perfect for recreating Kurt’s classic tones, while the Mustang slider switches provide the flexibility to dial in four distinct settings for a variety of in or out-of-phase tones.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jag-Stang
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Slim "C"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.575" (40mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Side Dots: White
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickup Covers: White
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Jag-Stang Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Jag-Stang Single-Coil
- Pickup Configuration: HS
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 2 3-Position Pickup On/Off-In/Out Phase Slide Switches
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.