A Truly Unique Guitar - The Fender Parallel Universe Volume II Maverick Dorado
One of the most outlandish models offered by Fender over the years, the Maverick – also known as the Custom – may just be the boldest of them all. Comprised of leftover 12-string necks, bodies and pickups transformed into a very unique 6-string. It was like nothing else on the market, with a kind of misfit glamour that made it greater than the sum of its parts. Whether you loved it or not, playing a Maverick was a statement.
Inspired by the bravado of that original model, the Maverick Dorado kicks up the swagger with a pair of Tim Shaw designed Filter’Tron style humbucking pickups, a Bigsby vibrato and dark ebony fingerboard. Available in Mystic Pine Green, 3-Color Sunburst and Firemist Gold, you’re sure to cause a sensation with your Maverick Dorado.
- Country Of Origin: US
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Maverick
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 24.75" (629 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Bridge Pickup: Tim Shaw-Designed Pickup with Filter’Tron Cover
- Neck Pickup: Tim Shaw-Designed Pickup with Filter’Tron Cover
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron / Filter'Tron
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed with Pearl Buttons
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Dimensions: 6.60x18.10x51.00 In
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details