Get A Precision-Made Studio-Quality Subwoofer With The Focal FOPRO-SUB6 Sub 6 BE Professional 11-Inch Subwoofer
The Sub6 is a large volume cabinet design, equipped with an 11" woofer and a rear laminar port. This configuration guarantees bass linearity whatever the intended SPL.
The control board is extremely versatile, with connectivity which allows a 2.1, 2.2 and multichannel use via the L/R inputs and outputs and the LFE.
The numerous settings such as the high-pass crossover dedicated to monitors, the adjustable phase and level control provide optimum coupling with the Solo6 Be and the Twin6 Be monitors. And finally, a small, but important point: the footswitch input. It enables one to connect a pedal to deactivate the subwoofer and the high-pass crossovers on the outputs that supply the monitors. This simplifies and greatly improves control during the different stages in monitoring.
THE "W" CONE
Focal has been developing the technologies of composite sandwich cones for more than 15 years. The "W" process (Glass/Foam/Glass), used on the SM11, SM8 and SM6 lines, provides a true optimiza a true optimization of the frequency response by fine tuning of mass, rigidity and damping parameters. The balance between these 3 fundamental and often contradictory parameters is at the base of the outstanding sound neutrality of our speakers. The 105/8"(27cm) Focal speaker is equipped with a high excursion system to enable accurate and extended reproduction in the bass/ infra bass register. The 25/8" (66mm) diameter and 11/4" (32mm) height voice coil ensures a perfect mechanical coupling and a total control of the driver even at high sound level. The magnetic construction made of double ferrite and large field and back plates offers high symmetrical magnetic field to keep dynamics even at very low frequency.
A CUSTOM DESIGNED AMPLIFICATION STAGE
Designing an amp to be integrated inside a speaker requires a very different set of rules than for a traditional amp. Speaker size and cooling concerns are often in contradiction with the high quality and high power requirements of a sonically transparent speaker. Focal's engineers used the BASH technology to develop the bass/medium amplification circuit for the SM6 professional line of speakers. This was the only way to exploit the best of class AB style circuits (for exceptional quality) with a class D type yield, which is crucial when housing a 150W RMS circuit in such a small space (300W RMS for the Twin6 Be and 350W RMS for the Sub6).
- Frequency response - 30Hz - 250Hz
- Maximum SPL - 116dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Input Type / Impedance - Right, Left, LFE / Electronically Balanced / 10 k0hms
- Connector - XLR 3 points socket
- Sensitivity - Adjustable
- Output Type / Impedance - Right, Left / Electronically Balanced / 50 Ohms
- Connector - XLR 3 points plug
- Amplification - 350w rms, BASH technology
- Signal Internal Treatment and Functions - Subwoofer Section: Mono right/left summation, LFE + mono low-pass, 24dB / octave, Phase adjustment, Polarity selection switch, Switch high-pass filter, cut-off frequency selection
- Control: Adjustable subwoofer level, Low-pass cut-off frequency setting, Phase adjustment, Polarity adjustment, Subwoofer switch (mute), 2.1 “Bypass” (external remote control), High-pass frequency selection, Releasable high-pass
- Visualization (LED) - Power On, Subwoofer switch(mute), Released high-pass
- Power Supply - 230V (1.6A fuse) or 115V (3.15A fuse)
- Subwoofer Transducer - 11W7670, 105/8" (27cm) Focal “W” composite sandwich cone driver
Model: SUB6 BE
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details