Get Flexibility And An Outstanding Tone With The Friedman BE-100 Deluxe 3-Channel 100W Guitar Amplifier Head
For over a decade Dave Friedman's "BE" circuit has been hailed as the epitome of British tone. In recent years, this tonal infusion has made the BE-100 the most popular and sought after 100 Watt boutique amp by a mile. The new BE-100 Deluxe, like its little brother the BE-50 Deluxe, takes this outstanding BE tone circuit to a whole new level.
All of the astoundingly flexible and gorgeous-sounding tonal characteristics of the original BE-100 are on tap with the new deluxe model. The deluxe version is now a fully featured three channel amp. An additional gain and master for the HBE channel; a new plexi clean channel borrowed from the coveted Smallbox amp; and new tone shaping tools including a response switch, thump frequency switch and thump knob are just some of the features at your disposal with Dave's new flagship amp.
BE AND HBE OVERDRIVE CHANNELS
- Friedmanâ€™s BE and HBE drive channels have earned their reputation for high-gain crunch, clarity and nuance. The deluxe model doubles this up with two separate gain and masters, allowing you to explore the wide spectrum of each circuit.
SMALLBOX PLEXI CHANNEL
- The BE-100 Deluxe boasts a completely new clean channel inspired by the plexi channel of the Smallbox amp. Not only does it clean up nicely, but it can bring out that iconic plexi grit which can be shaped using the gain, volume and three band EQ controls.
FLEXIBLE MASTER SECTION
- The BE-100 Deluxe not only grants you complete control of the three pre-amp channels, but the critical power section as well. This astounding flexibility starts on the front panel where youâ€™re able to tune the ampâ€™s overall character with a presence knob, three position switches for frequency and response, as well as a thump knob control. Every player is different in a variety of unique ways. These tools allow you to finely sculpt the overall tone of the power section to YOUR liking - think of it as an EQ for your power amp.
TRANSPARENT EFFECTS LOOP
- Effects loops can be suck tone. Dave has un-sucked this problem with the most transparent effects loop in the business. Plug into it and you won't even know it's there!
- 100 Watt all-tube head
- Three channels
- Handwired in the USA
- Custom USA made transformers
- 4 x EL34 power tubes
- 5 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- BE channel - Gain, Master, Bass, Middle, Treble (shared with the HBE channel)
- HBE channel - Gain, Master, Bass, Middle, Treble (shared with the BE channel)
- Plexi channel - Gain, Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble and fat switch
- C45 voicing switch (BE / HBE channel)
- Saturation switch - adds saturation
- Voice switch - varies top end response
- Gain Structure switch - Lowers gain of BE / HBE channel
- Ultra-transparent series effects loop
- Response switch - varies negative feedback
- Frequency switch â€“ changes frequency of the Thump knob
- Thump knob - varies lowered response of amp
- Two button foot switch for channel selections
- 4, 8 and 16 ohm Impedance selector switch
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Dimensions: 8.75" (D) x 29.25" (W) x 12.25" (H)
- Weight: 43 lbs.
Model: BE-100 DELUXE HEAD
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.